Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2009, 12:10 PM

127 posts, read 500,530 times

Advertisements

Every Thursday from 5-9 until December the Farmer's Market is open off Euclid Ave in Upland.

Last night it was cool but I went anyway. I try to go every week if it's not raining. This is where I get dinner on Thursday nights. If you are near the area you MUST check it out. It's a great spot for families, couples, singles, seniors - you name it.

Last night a live band performed (always). I don't know about you but I LOVE live music and musicians. They were pretty decent so I listened to about 5-6 songs before my fam was ready to leave. I could have stayed longer but they were complaining about being cold. We didn't bring jackets - just light sweaters. Next week I'll have a scarf, gloves and the whole nine yards!

The fruit is really good and there are samples to taste before you make a purchase. The flowers looked very nice and a bundle cost $5.00. Jewelry, clothing vendors were also present and there was a jumper, train ride, & balloon guy for the kiddies. Since it's opened a month earlier it isn't at full capacity yet b/c most times there's a petting zoo plenty of other vendors present.

Food wise there is a wide selection. Funnel cakes, hot chocolate, banana splits, shaved ice drinks and kernel popcorn (YUMMY!).

Hot food vendors are tri trip sandwich vendor. (going to try that next week. It looks good).

Hawaiian chicken bbq with jasmine rice topped with pineapples. VERY VERY GOOD.

HUGE baked potatoes topped with everything you might imagine and yummy.

Corn on the cob - super yummy.

Hot dogs wrapped in bacon. (son liked it.)
Pizza

Mexican food. Freshly made tacos, rice, beans and burritos.

Ribs, chicken (BBQ) with potato salad and baked beans.

All of the food is freshly prepared there in front of you.

Also, numerous antique shops line the streets so you can window shop or if you so choose. Personally I enjoy leisurely walking and people watching and listening to the free music.

Check it out! You wont' be sorry. If you have any questions ask away!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2009, 12:14 PM

749 posts, read 1,790,518 times
I love Farmers Markets. Miss them so much!! Now I really can't wait to get back. Thanks for the update on this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties