Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 08:18 AM

503 posts, read 1,455,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vuhnesuh View Post
Hi JZNTX & DesertRose...My husband and I moved to Adelanto one year ago this month. We are happy with our community except for a few ghetto people but luckily not on our actual street. No breakins that I'm aware of but having worked downhill when we first moved up here, we didn't hesitate getting an alarm system. We enjoy living up here. My husband and I are in our mid to late 20's and bought here because we got more bang for our buck ...property wise. It is a little tough finding a decent paying job up here though. For the most part we keep to ourselves though we do have a good neighbor next door. The only real disturbance in one year has been some kids ding dong ditching one night. Let us hope that thats as bad as it will get. I've figured out where everything is but if you ladies have any reccomendations on good places to dine or visit, I would greatly appreciate it.
Hi Vuhnesuh,

I am glad you are enjoying it. Stay safe

Church ~ Grace Baptist in Hesperia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2009, 08:19 AM

503 posts, read 1,455,000 times
jzntx

Sorry to hear about your family.

Old 11-25-2009, 11:30 PM

1 posts, read 2,004 times
Default Considering Buying in Adelanto

Hello,

I am considering buying in adelanto, the area close to villa between bellflower and delicious. How is he neighborhood and schools? I've heard bad things. Please share your opinion.

Old 12-05-2009, 10:26 AM

3,360 posts, read 8,390,974 times
It's awful. You hear bad things for a reason. Bellflower is a ghetto with violent crime all around. If you have two dimes to rub together, DON'T MOVE TO ADELANTO or VICTORVILLE.

Old 04-26-2010, 10:17 PM

21 posts, read 83,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
It's awful. You hear bad things for a reason. Bellflower is a ghetto with violent crime all around. If you have two dimes to rub together, DON'T MOVE TO ADELANTO or VICTORVILLE.
The ghetto part of Bellflower is north of Air Base Rd. to where it ends north of Auburn. The area that they are talking about is within a mile of Palmdale Rd.

Old 04-26-2010, 10:22 PM

21 posts, read 83,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutie38 View Post
Hello,

I am considering buying in adelanto, the area close to villa between bellflower and delicious. How is he neighborhood and schools? I've heard bad things. Please share your opinion.
The neighborhood is OK: not great, not as bad as people like to say. The elementary schools are OK, also. It depends where you are coming from: how the neighborhood and schools would compare. It is not a rich area, and it shows, but it is relatively quiet and the sheriff's dept responds very quickly.

Old 05-14-2010, 12:33 AM

8 posts, read 44,168 times
I'm not too sure on the schools, since we don't have kids yet but new Adelanto is not too bad. My neighborhood is quiet, people keep up with their yards, kids play outside every night and everyone is friendly. No problems here...knock on wood! =)

Old 05-14-2010, 12:37 AM

8 posts, read 44,168 times
By the way, I created a group on here for Women of the High Desert if anyone is interested.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/group...rightwood.html

Old 05-26-2012, 11:43 AM

2 posts, read 4,535 times
Hesperia is worse than Adelanto.

Old 05-31-2012, 11:07 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,871,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffy girl View Post
Hesperia is worse than Adelanto.
WRONG !!!

Adelanto is more like Palmdale/Lancaster than other parts of the Victor Valley.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties