Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2009, 12:41 PM

3 posts, read 10,265 times

Advertisements

Hi! We are moving to the area in August. We will be renting an apartment/condo/house and I have questions about a few areas. From the research I have done, it seems the best place to be would be palm desert or la quinta. I'm not sure if we can really afford an apartment in la quinta, but while I was looking online, I came across a few affordable apartments in the zip code 92201. I believe this is Indio and it states it is by JFK hospital. Can anyone tell me what this area is like?
Also, not sure if it is the same zip code, but the Smoketree Polo Club apartments look nice. Any info?
We will be coming in May to visit and look around for a few days; however, sometimes it is hard to get a feel for the crime rate in an area when just driving through.
We made the mistake of moving to desert hot springs a couple years ago and moved back real quick. I want to avoid a mistake like that at all costs. We have a 7-year-old daughter to consider.
Thanks for any information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2009, 03:50 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,038,202 times
My son lives in Smoketree apartments and he really likes it there. It seems to be a pretty good area. I live in La Quinta and he is only minutes from me. Not sure about the area around JFK though. I can't remember what's around there.

Old 04-09-2009, 09:34 AM

Thank you so much Twinkle Toes! My husband really liked the Smoketree apartments when he walked through them a few years ago, but we were not too sure of the area. We really like that they have a washer and dryer in the unit and a garage. We are also looking at Emerald Place in Bermuda Dunes.
We are also going to look in La Quinta because we love that area. My parents were just there over the weekend and they saw alot of apartments in that area ( Washington St) that had some great move-in specials.
I can't wait!! I love the desert.

Old 04-09-2009, 11:28 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,038,202 times
There's actually quite a bit to choose from out here. I went with my son when he was apartment shopping and saw some pretty nice places. He chose Smoketree for the garage - first and foremost because of his 'flashy ride' - he needs to keep it safe and secure. He also liked the fact that he had his own washer and dryer and his own enclosed patio. I'm glad he has his own washer and dryer too - it prevents him coming over here and using mine!

If you do choose Smoketree, DM me so I can give you my son's name. If someone rents and says he told them about the place he gets $100 off one month of rent!

Old 04-09-2009, 12:34 PM

My husband really like the idea of having the garage because he has heard of problems with car theft and breaking into the cars in that area. I was happy about the washer and dryer more than anything because I can't imagine lugging 10 loads of laundry in the 115 degree heat! I will be in contact with you before our trip in May to get his name!! Thanks again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties