Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 08:34 PM

314 posts, read 1,037,067 times

Advertisements

I've read so many different things but I need to get to ensenada tonight and I have no idea how old the information on this site is.
Quote:
From the Plaza Viva (Tijuana, Pueblo Mexico), If visiting Ensenada by Bus from the San Diego area, the best option is to take the San Diego Trolley to San Ysidro, then walk across the border to the small Plaza Viva bus station. ABC buses depart for Ensenada every half hour from 6a.m. until 9:30p.m. (tel. (664) 683-5681). ABC buses arrive in Ensenada at the Ensenada Central Terminal (Central Camionera on Av. Riveroll & Calle 11. ABC buses depart from Ensenada to the Tijuana border ( la linea. ) every half hour from 6a.m. until 8p.m. (tel. (646)178-6680 or (664)178-1323). One-way fare is about $6.50dlls.
Also at Plaza Viva, Aragon buses depart for Ensenada every hour from 6a.m. until 10p.m. (tel. (664)683-5622). They arrive in Ensenada at their own terminal on Av. Riveroll & Calle 8. Aragon buses depart from Ensenada to the Tijuana border (. la linea. ) every hour from 5a.m. until 9:30p.m. (tel. (646)178-8521 or (646)174-0717). One-way fare is about $6.50dlls.

From the Tijuana Central Terminal, ( You can get there by taxi or Greyhound Bus, see below) ABC (Autotransportes Baja California) buses depart for Ensenada every half hour from 6a.m. until midnight (tel. (664) 621-2982). One-way fare is about $8dlls.
Both ABC and Aragon offer service to other points in Baja California, Baja California Sur and the Mexican mainland. For times and prices for Mexican Bus lines operating in Baja click here.

Greyhou
It seems as though if im there after 10 I could go to gran central terminal and get a bus by midnight. Are the prices really that low? A while back the abc site quoted me 75 dollars for a bus to ensenada.

How far from walking across the border is the gran central bus terminal? how much would the taxi there cost?

Thanks for all the help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2010, 09:22 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,318,422 times
Just drive. Buying Mexican auto insurance is about $7-$8 per day and you'll have to pay around $10 in tolls on the toll road (Highway 1) but you'll get there much faster and in much greater comfort then taking some Mexican night bus. A Taxi would probably cost you $300-$500 dollars. If you really want to take some run down Mexican bus with no AC which is packed with poor people then just take the trolley down to San Ysidro and you'll see at least three bus companies selling bus tickets to locations in Mexico and the US. Just be prepared to speak Spanish because no one in those cheap bus places will speak English. Their clientele in 99% migrant workers who get paid at or below minimum wage.

Old 07-25-2010, 10:57 PM

1 posts, read 5,968 times
Default I differ on Mexican Buses in Baja

I don't know when you last rode a Mexican bus, but things have changes, especially in Baja. The buses from Tijuana to Ensenada and other points in northern Baja, are all with AC and movies like on the airplanes. The riders are a crossection of the community, not 99% migrant workers. Insurance is more than 7-8 dlls per day, more like 20-30, depends on the value of the car. Important thing is to visit Ensenada with many things to do.

Old 07-26-2010, 11:54 AM

3,545 posts, read 6,032,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
Just drive. Buying Mexican auto insurance is about $7-$8 per day and you'll have to pay around $10 in tolls on the toll road (Highway 1) but you'll get there much faster and in much greater comfort then taking some Mexican night bus. A Taxi would probably cost you $300-$500 dollars. If you really want to take some run down Mexican bus with no AC which is packed with poor people then just take the trolley down to San Ysidro and you'll see at least three bus companies selling bus tickets to locations in Mexico and the US. Just be prepared to speak Spanish because no one in those cheap bus places will speak English. Their clientele in 99% migrant workers who get paid at or below minimum wage.
That's not entirely accurate- I've taken buses to Ensenada which were really quite comfortable and nice.

I'd probably agree with your recommendation if the OP wasn't asking about how to get down there at midnight- but it's generally advised that folks try to avoid driving that stretch of road at night.

Old 08-13-2012, 11:09 PM

1 posts, read 4,100 times
Default well mr Oerdin

Why would it surprise you that they only speak spanish at the local bus station, it is MEXICO after all brainiac. and those so called "migrant workers" that you so seem to despise put affordable fruits and vegetables on you dinner table. I'd like to see you out in the fields picking to see if you can make it longer than an hour. Anyway, it's ignorant people like you that give Mexico a bad rap. Good luck to you my friend, karma is not something you play with.

Old 08-14-2012, 09:03 AM

6,420 posts, read 11,596,094 times
Zombie thread.

Old 08-14-2012, 01:42 PM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Mejicano View Post
Why would it surprise you that they only speak spanish at the local bus station, it is MEXICO after all brainiac. and those so called "migrant workers" that you so seem to despise put affordable fruits and vegetables on you dinner table. I'd like to see you out in the fields picking to see if you can make it longer than an hour. Anyway, it's ignorant people like you that give Mexico a bad rap. Good luck to you my friend, karma is not something you play with.
Dude, you got a bite Start reeling.

Old 09-30-2012, 03:21 AM

1 posts, read 3,888 times
Default Seriously take the bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by socrates View Post
I've read so many different things but I need to get to ensenada tonight and I have no idea how old the information on this site is.

It seems as though if im there after 10 I could go to gran central terminal and get a bus by midnight. Are the prices really that low? A while back the abc site quoted me 75 dollars for a bus to ensenada.

How far from walking across the border is the gran central bus terminal? how much would the taxi there cost?

Thanks for all the help.
Hola,
The buses down here in Baja are great. A/c DVDs, bathroom you can eat and drink. These drivers drive fast, you get there very fast! In the US I never took the bus..such a hassle...and here they let you off where you want to get off...way cool!
Redd
Late night find a safe place hang out 5am comes fast.

Old 06-10-2014, 11:11 AM

1 posts, read 2,188 times
When is the last and bus at the border from tijuana to Ensenada??

Old 06-10-2014, 01:13 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,428,857 times
The location info for the bus is correct. If crossing on foot you would go all the way across the bridge which leads you to the yellow taxis. When you get to the foot of the bridge look across the street NORTH EAST and you will see the bus station.

Last time I went buses were $25 RT. Although I do believe there is a cut off point for departing buses. You might be able to get a 9pm bus and be there by 12am. I would double check before you go.

Another idea is to go to La Camionera Central which is about 100mx cab ride from the border going towards Plaza Macro/El Florido. There you can find several high end bus companies that might have routes towards Cabo that stop in Ensenada.

IMO I would NOT do that trip so late nor would I bring my car. Get a cheap hotel room for $20 and rest a few hours until you can catch an earlier bus....... OR come in a day early and enjoy TJ for a while before you go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego