Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2010, 01:54 PM

4 posts, read 4,715 times

Advertisements

Which is the best location in san diego?

1. To meet new friends
2. Safety, clean
3. Lots of restaurants?

In short, if people tell SD, which will be the first location that come up in your mind?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2010, 05:49 PM

46 posts, read 162,717 times
I don't have an answer, but it would seem that it would be different places for different age/cultural groups. You may wish to add a little more info so locals can help.

Old 11-24-2010, 10:31 PM

13 posts, read 36,428 times
Hard question to answer. I live in Downtown on 8th street and is probably one of the most convenient location in SD due to all the shops and bars. No shortage of people to chat with there.

Balboa with all the museums and nice restaurants is cool to take a date I guess. Most of the social places I've been to are pub/restaurants scatered everywhere.

Pacific Beach on Garnet strip is nice to walk down until you hit the ocean, turn left/right and along the boardwalk is tons of eateries. As goes for all beaches probably. I used to stay at the Tower23 hotel for a night or two and was so chill. Living in SD is like being on vacation all the time.

Old 11-25-2010, 11:50 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,996,535 times
If you are already in San Diego, I suggest driving to all the different neighborhoods, and see what type of neighborhood appeals to you.

Each neighborhood can be very different from the others, so it's up to you to decide which neighborhood best suits your lifestyle.

For me, Clairemont was my choice. It is very close to Mission Bay, and only 5 miles to the beach. It is a residential middle-class area, with lots of shopping, and restaurants. Everything needed to live is right there.

Plus, it is centrally located, so it's an easy to drive to LaJolla, downtown, Mission Valley, Balboa Park, etc.

However, Clairemont does not have any sort of nightlife (Clubs, bars, etc). For those, I need to drive downtown. I like having it this way because the neighborhood stays relatively peaceful and quiet, and I don't have to worry about people getting drunk and causing problems.

Old 11-25-2010, 08:29 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,996,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpeye500 View Post
Which is the best location in san diego?

1. To meet new friends
2. Safety, clean
3. Lots of restaurants?

In short, if people tell SD, which will be the first location that come up in your mind?

Check the San Diego forum...probably 1 out of every 5 posts asks the EXACT same thing.

Safe area's in San Deigo
What neighborhood to move to in San Diego?!
Chicago to SD - looking for Safe, semi-walkable burbs along I-15??
How is Mira Mesa?
Relocating from Mass to San Deigo
Moving to San Diego...horton plaza? gaslamp??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
View detailed profiles of: