Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 11:32 PM

177 posts, read 399,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
Oh the provincial native San Diegan mentality I grew to know so well when I lived there...
yawn

get over yourself, you're not that special
I was born and raised in San Diego, 30 years now, and I think everyone's opinion matters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2011, 11:58 PM

9,825 posts, read 11,567,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
Oh the provincial native San Diegan mentality I grew to know so well when I lived there...
yawn
So that why your posting in the San Diego forum

Old 04-27-2011, 12:11 AM

4,225 posts, read 3,313,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurbanite View Post
For someone who lives in El Centro, you sure do a lot of jawing about San Diego. I guess if I couldn't fulfill my dream of making it all the way to the coast, I'd be upset, too. As they say, so close and yet so far.
A follower! How flattering. No, I don't live in San Diego, or anywhere on the coast for that matter. However, through inventions like automobiles, freeways, and powered flight, I've been there many times. Do I have to live there or be from there to make a comment?

Old 04-27-2011, 01:14 AM

1,092 posts, read 2,174,587 times
UrbanDecay, the definition of world class is San Jose, IMO! End of discussion.

Old 04-27-2011, 04:20 AM

296 posts, read 614,618 times
OK guess that means we all go home now.

Old 04-27-2011, 08:40 AM

50,391 posts, read 47,131,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losfrisco View Post
Denver is not located near a coast, last time I checked....unless they moved it.
You completely missed the point. It's near the Rockies. Without the mts it's just like Kansas. Denver is Denver because of them.

last time I checked.........

Plus, one of the biggest reasons there are many football fans in these (not much to do in the winter) Cities is just that. Not much to do.

Old 04-27-2011, 09:04 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,695,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
What tier is LA in?
According to one well-known study, L.A. is a first-tier city. San Diego is third-tier. I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. First-tier cities generally come with a higher cost of living, less space, more traffic, more social problems, etc.

Global city - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-27-2011, 09:18 PM

177 posts, read 399,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by durf View Post
UrbanDecay, the definition of world class is San Jose, IMO! End of discussion.
Haha... man, now I can't figure out if you're just trying to be funny, or if you're being serious.

Old 04-30-2011, 01:42 AM

1,092 posts, read 2,174,587 times
UrbanDecay, ha ha ha ha ha ha, now all of it sudden, you feel San Diego is tier 1 or 2 cities because I mentioned that San Jose has a world class and vibrant downtown. You hypocrite! What I believe is San Diego is a 3rd tier city going to 4th tier as they lose the Chargers and not able to expand the convention center, let alone the new airport expansion despite new flights to London, which I think it's temorary. They'll cancel it in the next year or so just like back in early 90's. San Jose is clearly more important city since it's the capital of Silicon Valley with a real downtown, not a convenient one like San Diego since I like living Dt. San Diego. I lived there last winter.

Old 04-30-2011, 09:08 AM

50,391 posts, read 47,131,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by durf View Post
UrbanDecay, ha ha ha ha ha ha, now all of it sudden, you feel San Diego is tier 1 or 2 cities because I mentioned that San Jose has a world class and vibrant downtown. You hypocrite! What I believe is San Diego is a 3rd tier city going to 4th tier as they lose the Chargers and not able to expand the convention center, let alone the new airport expansion despite new flights to London, which I think it's temorary. They'll cancel it in the next year or so just like back in early 90's. San Jose is clearly more important city since it's the capital of Silicon Valley with a real downtown, not a convenient one like San Diego since I like living Dt. San Diego. I lived there last winter.
The funny thing is most people don't even know what State it is in. I graded a test once and the most common State picked was Texas followed by New Mexico.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego