Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2011, 08:52 AM

75 posts, read 113,693 times

Advertisements

Hey all. I was offered a job with HP back in May and I didn't take the offer

The place just didn't seem fun to work at. I'm looking to relocate to San Diego once again but wanted to know a little more about the Gaslamp District.

I'm 23 and a recent college grad. I checked the area out in late May (so college was out).

I was wondering what kind of crowd you get at the Gaslamp District bars when college is in session. Is it mainly college kids on a Fri-Sat night (After 10PM)?

or does it tend to me older professionals?

Thanks for the help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2011, 09:19 AM

4,630 posts, read 10,276,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colombiunpride View Post
Hey all. I was offered a job with HP back in May and I didn't take the offer

The place just didn't seem fun to work at. I'm looking to relocate to San Diego once again but wanted to know a little more about the Gaslamp District.

I'm 23 and a recent college grad. I checked the area out in late May (so college was out).

I was wondering what kind of crowd you get at the Gaslamp District bars when college is in session. Is it mainly college kids on a Fri-Sat night (After 10PM)?

or does it tend to me older professionals?

Thanks for the help!
HP is NOT a fun place, unless you like the thought of being assimilated into the Borg. Anyone that I know that decided to "take a job" with HP eventually lost it in some fashion down the line.

Gaslamp is perfect for your age. There is a lot of variation in dining and entertainment options for younger clubby/bar types as well as crotchity 40-50 somethings that like like some of the nicer dining options (aka $$$$ meals).

Havent lived there in about a year, but did for several. All the clubs cater to different crowds.
Hipsters: ex. El Camino
Clubbers: Fluxx and Deco
Sports Bar: 5th Quarter

So tons to choose from just depends on what your flavor is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
View detailed profiles of: