Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 10:29 AM

4,498 posts, read 9,384,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmboyinNC View Post
Ironically, I've never seen this type of behavior consistently until I moved to San Diego. I have lived in both Raleigh, NC (smaller) and DC/Baltimore, MD (more urban), and never had to deal with the attitudes randomly encountered here in the past year. It hasn't made me negative of San Diego or California, just more cautious.

A different, yet similar thing happen to me in La Jolla out of all places. I drove into the (former) El Toritos restaurant parking lot and was waiting for someone to pull out of a parking spot with my turn signal on. As the car backs out and partially blocks me from driving in (I had to make a left turn into the spot), some douchebag in his ~40s and in his Mercedes SL drives up and turns into the spot. I layed on my my horn and he walks out and angrily says "Hey, I was waiting for this spot and drove around the building for it..."

I swear I almost lost it.
I really wanted to mess with him and his convertible, but somehow I calmed down and left everything intact. When I finally found a parking spot and got into the restaurant, I noticed him in the bar all alone and he eventually left...alone too. Pathetic Creature...his car is probably a lease too.

Goes to show that anyone in any class/category can be...a douchebag
Pharmboy,

Didn't it drive you crazy!? I had to do all I could not to explode and just lose it when that happened to me. I've lived in several cities, including abroad in very large metropolitan cities with tons of cars and horrible drivers but I've yet to witness something like what we went through.

I'm just surprised these people don't expect to come out of the place without their cars being keyed or someone letting the air out of their tires.

Just horrible people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2012, 03:46 PM

306 posts, read 436,574 times
It makes those "People Suck" bumper stickers look pretty prophetic.

As the wise man once said...."the best revenge is living well"

If you are a law abiding citizen who has spent your entire life building a reputation, then it serves no purpose to engage people like that unless you absolutely have to.

You have far more to lose than they do. Sometimes principals, especially small ones, are not worth getting into a battle over.

Take comfort in knowing that with behavior like that, there is an overwhelming chance that they are going to have lives filled with problems, trouble, despair, bad jobs, no money, ill heath, inadequate finances etc. etc. etc.

They are the people who you see rolling down the highway using the temporary 70 mile spare tire as a permanent replacement.

Meanwhile, all you lost was a chance at a decent parking space.

Old 01-19-2012, 04:30 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlyretirement View Post
Pharmboy,

Didn't it drive you crazy!? I had to do all I could not to explode and just lose it when that happened to me. I've lived in several cities, including abroad in very large metropolitan cities with tons of cars and horrible drivers but I've yet to witness something like what we went through.

I'm just surprised these people don't expect to come out of the place without their cars being keyed or someone letting the air out of their tires.

Just horrible people.
It would be hard to have the self control not to mess with their car but in the end it would hurt you more than them.

Old 01-19-2012, 08:00 PM

12 posts, read 26,805 times
Quote:
So as the people are pulling out of their spot these 2 black girls from the SUV block the parking space so I can't pull in.
I'm wondering a couple of things. Are you a black person? And why did you feel the need to tell us, the audience, that they're black?

Old 01-19-2012, 09:53 PM

4,498 posts, read 9,384,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFC Girl View Post
I'm wondering a couple of things. Are you a black person? And why did you feel the need to tell us, the audience, that they're black?
No, I'm not black. If I was would it matter? Is it only ok to mention they are black if I'm black???

I was just being descriptive. Like saying a big "black truck" pulled in front of me. I really don't understand society's need to be so extremely politically correct that you can't even be descriptive in a post.

For the record, I have a ton of black friends. I personally don't feel anything wrong with being descriptive in a post at all. People need to relax a bit. I didn't "feel the need to tell you" they were black. I mentioned it because it was part of the facts.

Why do you feel the need to ask me if I'm black? As if that would change the circumstances if I can mention if they are black or not.

Old 01-20-2012, 03:17 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
Quote:
No, I'm not black. If I was would it matter? Is it only ok to mention they are black if I'm black???

I was just being descriptive. Like saying a big "black truck" pulled in front of me. I really don't understand society's need to be so extremely politically correct that you can't even be descriptive in a post.

For the record, I have a ton of black friends. I personally don't feel anything wrong with being descriptive in a post at all. People need to relax a bit. I didn't "feel the need to tell you" they were black. I mentioned it because it was part of the facts.

Why do you feel the need to ask me if I'm black? As if that would change the circumstances if I can mention if they are black or not.
I couldn't resist.

Where are the white women at? - YouTube

Old 01-20-2012, 11:46 PM

1,538 posts, read 1,483,810 times
The parking behavior I hate is the fools at places like Costco trying to to get a spot near the entrance, spending more time searching and waiting than they'd have used just parking farther away and walking.

One of these days I'm going to snag one of those close spots so that when I exit the store and am putting my purchases in the car someone will pull up and wait. But instead of driving off I'll leave the car there and go get a hot dog. I'm sure when I'm done eating and go back to the car someone else will pull up. That would be the perfect time to check my e-mail and make a call or two.

Old 01-21-2012, 08:58 AM

50,294 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAlt View Post
The parking behavior I hate is the fools at places like Costco trying to to get a spot near the entrance, spending more time searching and waiting than they'd have used just parking farther away and walking.

One of these days I'm going to snag one of those close spots so that when I exit the store and am putting my purchases in the car someone will pull up and wait. But instead of driving off I'll leave the car there and go get a hot dog. I'm sure when I'm done eating and go back to the car someone else will pull up. That would be the perfect time to check my e-mail and make a call or two.
when I'm changing into a wet suite at the beach people won't leave me alone even with a hand made "not leaving" sign in the back window.

There is no wonder about the obesity problem in the US when people will waste a half gallon of gas to avoid fifty feet of walking.

Old 01-21-2012, 08:54 PM

1,665 posts, read 2,975,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
There is no wonder about the obesity problem in the US when people will waste a half gallon of gas to avoid fifty feet of walking.
If people would spend more time walking an extra 100 feet instead of burning gas to find a parking spot, we'd go a long way to solving the problem of obesity and of being way too dependent on foreign oil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego