Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2012, 08:41 PM

1 posts, read 2,357 times

Advertisements

My boyfriend and I will be moving to San Diego after the first of the year. He has a new job and will be working from home. I do not know at this time where I will be working. We are wondering what the best areas for a young, active couple to live. We will be renting, not buying. In Dallas we live in an area where we can walk to restaurants and night life and would like something similar. We would also like to live somewhat near the beach! Is that asking too much? Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2012, 06:58 PM

435 posts, read 454,105 times
Pacific Beach. /Thread.

Old 12-26-2012, 07:58 PM

490 posts, read 1,555,973 times
Mission Bay area, PB North of Garnett- - or you could check out Hillcrest, North Park, University Heights, South Park- - all fun, funky areas where you can walk to all, but you are not right on the beach. An easy drive though

Old 01-05-2013, 02:04 PM

3 posts, read 14,586 times
North Park/South Park is amazing - but some of the better places can be really pricey. My husband and I (we're 25) wanted to live in that area SO bad. We made the mistake of first moving to University City (don't do it!) because of the cheaper cost of living. We're now in Point Loma and LOVE it. For a young couple, though, I'd still recommend North Park/South Park, maybe Hillcrest (depending on your personal beliefs and the area), and if you're into the party scene, Pacific Beach.

ALTHOUGH - North County is also really beautiful. Encinitas has a ton of young, fun couples and things to do. The problem is that apartments get rented SUPER quick - pretty much the day they got posted as available. I'm not even kidding. You need to be super aggressive in San Diego.

Best of luck!

Old 01-09-2013, 12:20 AM

102 posts, read 236,617 times
Little Italy

It's where all the yuppies and young couples live. You'll be close to the action but not actually in it. It tries very hard to be like NY's Soho district but falls a bit short but still a worthy effort. Nice community with festivals, decent food and your a stones throw away from DT. Just watch out for the plane noise. Try to find an area closer to DT where the plane noise is minimal or nonexistent. The beach is only 15 min away like everything else in the city.

The midtown area like Mission Hills close to washington street and old town isn't bad either. Decent food as well and couple of other shops and pubs on India, just not as much going on but again you're in the city so anything is literally 10-15 min away.

True story!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego