Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 10:30 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,424,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyinsd View Post
Well, that charge DOES make sense. She did kill someone while driving so....
I would agree! They say no cell phone was involved and she wasn't speeding, BUT, how do you "roll" through a light and throw the poor pedestrian 30 ft? Such a sad story all the way around for both families. Only silver lining is that the baby survived!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2013, 10:47 AM

1,447 posts, read 2,745,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
LOL....I was at Disneyland the day after I gave birth to our youngest daughter! I gave birth at around 11 am, at Fountain Valley Medical Center. Was home by 6 ish that night with baby. Never slowed me down! Of course, I was young and stupid!
Wow.

I was exhausted just being a dad seeing the whole ordeal.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:52 AM

4,498 posts, read 9,385,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by futbol View Post
Wow.

I was exhausted just being a dad seeing the whole ordeal.

Yeah, exactly! Even as a father, just watching it all and being there as futbol mentioned, was very exhausting. The first one was very easy but the 2nd was in labor for 6 hours. I even spent the night with my wife in the hospital for both births and stayed in a hospital suite with them.

I can't imagine wanting my wife to drive around the day after having a baby. And she didn't want to be away from the baby.

Also, I forgot to mention that the baby probably wouldn't have survived if they were in one of those really cheap strollers. You can see from the photos on the news websites it was one of those more industrial type expensive strollers. We have one of those type of strollers (ours is Phil & Ted's Vibe) and the frame is incredibly strong made out of metal. True miracle the baby was not killed.

Last edited by earlyretirement; 03-05-2013 at 11:42 AM..

Old 03-05-2013, 02:07 PM

9,824 posts, read 11,551,287 times
I remember when my youngest was born in 1994,mama was in the Hospital for like 4 or 5 days.
When my middle to youngest was born 2 days max (They damn near kick us out the hospital on both occasions)
WTF was so important that she had to be out on the Road the day after spitting out a kid?
That's what dad's are for right?

Old 03-06-2013, 06:11 PM

86 posts, read 153,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by futbol View Post
Yeah ER, good question.

So for the mothers out there: Were you ok to drive the day after giving birth?

The drugs should have mostly worn off, right, but wouldn't you be a little exhausted to get behind the wheel?

Most mothers I've known just hang out with the newborn for a week or so and don't go anywhere.
Word.

What's so important that she couldn't wait for at least a few more days before taking to the wheel? Not that that would have prevented an accident, but in this case there's some truth to it. No one knows when they are going to be involved in an accident, but sometimes the circumstances leading up to the incident opens you up for all kinds of criticisms and in some cases jail time.

I don't know the driver's living situation and sometimes we as humans are quick to judge, but we only do so based on the evidence at the time. I know some women are just itching to pop that baby out so they can get on with their lives as if nothing happened. Am not being sexiest or anything, but when something like this happens and another human life is taken away so abruptly you can't help but question the behavior.

Its just a tragedy for all involved but the nanny got the raw end of the deal and left her own children to grow up without their mother. Who's going to take care of them now? So sad.

Wrong to say, but at least the little baby got a second shot at live. The nanny didn't.

Old 03-06-2013, 06:22 PM

1,447 posts, read 2,745,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ2SD View Post
Word.

What's so important that she couldn't wait for at least a few more days before taking to the wheels? Not that that would have prevented an accident, but in this case there's some truth to it. No one knows when they are going to be involved in an accident, but sometimes the circumstances leading up to the incident opens you up for all kinds of criticisms and some cases jail time.
Ain't that the truth.

I was involved in two accidents last year. They were within 8 days of each other. Each happened so fast. Didn't see either coming. Those are the only accidents I've been involved in over more than a decade.

Still, it is a mystery how the driver did not see the nanny with a stroller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ2SD View Post
I don't know the driver's living circumstances and sometimes we as humans are quick to judge, but we only do so based on the evidence at the time. I know some women are just itching to pop that baby out so they can get on with their lives as if nothing has happened. Am not being sexiest or anything, but when something like this happens and another human life is taken away so abruptly you can't help but question the behavior.

Its just a tragedy for all involved but the nanny got the raw end of the deal and left her own children to grow up without their mother. Who's going to take care of them now?

Wrong to say, but at least the little baby got a second shot at life. The nanny didn't.
This is the only good to come of this, even though there are significant injuries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego