Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2013, 03:13 PM

21 posts, read 48,723 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I will start with your favorite sentence: We are moving to San Diego and...

It is true, but I won't ask about housing and location. I have read enough on here to get the general idea. However, what I am looking for is a Moms Club. I was part of one in a small town in Northern CA where we all met up weekly and exchanged emails, and now we live in NC where I have found a Moms Forum through 'The Mommies Network'. It is a wonderful resource and I am looking for something similar in San Deigo. There isn't a San Diego chapter for The Mommies Network, and my other online searches are leading me nowhere. This forum has been very helpful in general, but soon I will be looking for the best play places, tips on pediatricians, etc. Moms love to share their knowledge when it comes to that stuff. (we hope to be living in the Northern part of the county)

So, if any of you have any sites to share or club information, please post it!

TIA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2013, 03:30 PM

1,447 posts, read 2,745,411 times
Here is one resource:

Parent Connection | San Diego Parents Resources & Events

Old 03-13-2013, 04:16 PM

6,420 posts, read 11,596,094 times
Maybe you should start such a forum or chapter for San Diego. Sounds like it would be useful.

Old 03-13-2013, 04:21 PM

86 posts, read 153,381 times
Oats - you can still ask questions, a lot of the members here are parents including myself. Depending on where you end up settling in SD, you can get great tips on good GPs (doctors), Pediatricians, Urgent Care, Hospitals and a whole host of other questions.

Don't be put off by the "fun/comical" thread that has garnered a lot of attention lately and will probably continue to do so - re: "people moving to San Diego and expecting the impossible."

We're here to help...this forum helped me tremendously when my family and I were getting ready to relocate. Even though I traveled extensively to SD for my work while living in Arizona, I only knew a few places in town - (i.e. my office, a few restaurants, hotels around Hotel Circle, SeaWorld, Balboa Park and a few beaches in the La Jolla area).

Stumbling upon this forum was the best advice I got for free from a relocation perspective and this is because members take time to answer the same question(s) over and over again.

Now that am here and have learned a thing or two about San Diego, I contribute where I have something meaning to share that could help someone validate their decision or just provide general information for use.

BTW, 'earlyretirement' put this cost of living thread together that I find very useful, not sure why it's not a sticky.
http://www.city-data.com/blogs/blog3...st-living.html

Good luck with the move to "God's Country" and don't hesitate to ask if you have questions - that's what the members are here for!

Old 03-13-2013, 06:18 PM

21 posts, read 48,723 times
Ha! Yes, I suppose I could start a Moms Forum for San Diego.

That Parent Connection link is Awesome!! I love that it has the summer camps catalog to view. We will arrive at the end of June, so this is perfect to get the kids involved in something before school starts.

And thank you for your response, AZ2SD. Do the locals still call everyone from AZ 'zonies'? I will be sure to visit this forum often and feel comfortable in asking questions. Thank you for the nice welcome. We look forward to getting settled there.

Have a good evening.

Old 03-13-2013, 06:31 PM

86 posts, read 153,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oats View Post
Do the locals still call everyone from AZ 'zonies'?
Hit or miss
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego