Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 09:08 AM

5 posts, read 7,943 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am moving to San Diego, CA from Dallas, TX. Need suggestions on good school district near Intuit and apartments.

Thanks
DSNVAS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2013, 09:19 AM

6,420 posts, read 11,599,151 times
Intuit is in Rancho Penasquitos. RP uses the Poway Unified School District, so the schools there are good schools. To see other neighborhoods that are in the PUSD, look here: PUSD Boundary Maps

Old 06-18-2013, 10:18 AM

4,498 posts, read 9,386,046 times
Yep. Oddstray is spot on target. What is your budget for your apartment search and how many bedrooms are you looking for? What is your maximum budget?

You have some good districts in that area. You have PUSD as he mentioned which is in that area. Rancho Bernardo isn't far away and it's also part of PUSD. As well you have Carmel Valley 92130 that also has a great school district. The properties in Carmel Valley will be more expensive but you are still not far from work.

Post your budget and that will probably help weed out which options are available.

Old 06-18-2013, 11:14 AM

Thank you oddstray, earlyretirement.
My budget is around $1500/month. Looking for 2 BR apartment. I have 2 kids ( 8 years and 5 years).

Thanks
dsnvas

Old 06-18-2013, 11:51 AM

6,420 posts, read 11,599,151 times
Looking at padmapper.com ...

For that budget, you'll be able to find something in Rancho Penasquitos. But it will be the older parts of RP, closer to the I-15 freeway. Most of it is still nice despite being older - I live in a condo in that area. Not all of it is nice, so if you have specific addresses be sure to ask here about them.

There are also some in that range showing up in Poway, but it's farther away from Intuit. Again, these will be older places but still nice enough.

If you can move some money from your utilities budget into your rental budget (less need for heat and A/C here) to increase the rental amount, your possibilities will improve for finding something in a newer and possibly better-looking part of RP.

Old 06-18-2013, 02:54 PM

4,498 posts, read 9,386,046 times
Yep. Oddstray is spot on target. There are a few things but it doesn't look like there is a whole lot for that budget. If you go up in your budget a few more things open up but I doubt you could get anything in Carmel Valley for that budget. It looks like a few more things open up in Poway, as oddstray mentioned and you still aren't too far from Intuit. Traffic doesn't get too bad in the morning until about about Carmel Valley Road if you're heading West on I-56 if you live in Poway.

Rentals are MUCH more expensive than the DFW area. But the advice is good if you can increase your rental budget somehow. Where in Dallas do you live?

Old 06-18-2013, 03:07 PM

86 posts, read 153,414 times
You may also be able to find something around Mira Mesa, especially the part that borders Black Mountain.

As other posters have noted, if you could shift some of your utilities budget toward rent, your possibilities should widen...well based on apartment availability. You may also want to checkout some of the apartments located within 4S Ranch, you are still just about 15mins drive from Intuit and within the Poway Unified School District. Check your PM.

Old 06-18-2013, 04:33 PM

I can go up to $1800 to $2000. right now I am paying around $1200/month in Dallas( Irving area ).I can drive 15 to 20 minutes. School district is my priority.

Thanks
Dsnvas

Old 06-18-2013, 04:35 PM

358 posts, read 584,302 times
For $1500/month for a 2/2, you're quite limited around this area. Carmel Valley is out of that range. As for PQ, in that price range, you probably have to look at older condo/apartment East of Black Mountain. As mentioned, you can also look at Mira Mesa. There are a few apartment/condo complex on the East side of Mira Mesa, but the elementary school South of Mira Mesa Blvd. isn't that great. You can also look at older apartments in Scripps Ranch. You can also look at apartment in Carmel Mt. Ranch as well.

Old 06-18-2013, 04:37 PM

358 posts, read 584,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnvas View Post
I can go up to $1800 to $2000. right now I am paying around $1200/month in Dallas( Irving area ).I can drive 15 to 20 minutes. School district is my priority.

Thanks
Dsnvas
I posted my other post before you posted this. For that price range, I'd definitely would look at apartments in Carmel Valley around Torrey Hills area. That Elementary is one of the best in San Diego. Like this one:http://www.apartments.com/California...-Homes/1102154

Last edited by docmcstuffin; 06-18-2013 at 05:18 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego