Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 12:42 PM

3,545 posts, read 6,037,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
The grass also turns yellow/brown here in Ohio in late summer also,so I'm used to that,but just how "chilly" are the summer evenings there?
It doesn't ever really get that cold, but the difference between the day and the night temps can be quite striking. It's fairly common to have differences of ~30+ degrees between the warmest part of the day and the coolest part of the night, especially when the humidity is low- less moisture means the atmosphere has less ability to store heat, so the warmth of the day dissipates really quickly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2014, 05:16 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,856,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkay View Post
It doesn't ever really get that cold, but the difference between the day and the night temps can be quite striking. It's fairly common to have differences of ~30+ degrees between the warmest part of the day and the coolest part of the night, especially when the humidity is low- less moisture means the atmosphere has less ability to store heat, so the warmth of the day dissipates really quickly.
Thank you.It sounds very much like Tucson,AZ was back in '63-'64 when I was a teen and my dad was stationed there.Made for wonderfully comfortable summer night walks home from the roller skating rink.

Old 04-10-2014, 05:20 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,856,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
It will usually get down into the 50's during the spring and autumn, maybe low 60's in the summer, while in winter maybe into the 40's with the odd night near freezing. Mostly even in winter it is rare to have a nightly low below 40 and during the day it usually heats back up with the yearly average day time temperature being ~72.
Ok, compared to Ohio,that will definitely be a nice change,and doable.

Old 04-11-2014, 12:11 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,571,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgb123 View Post
That too... In the summer time I get nostalgic for those balmy summer nights in the Midwest...oh and thunderstorms...miss those a lot!
As I was doing some work outside today, I thought of something and then this thread: most of the time, clouds as a whole are different out here. It probably has to do with the lack of humidity thus changing their make-up. You get so many completely clear days out here and a number of times of just thick marine layer, that you don't see clouds nearly as often in San Diego as you do back East and they are usually different looking.

As I was picking up my recycling bin a few moments ago, though - - I see East Coast clouds. Wispy ones and cumulous ones with real distinct edges to them. There are only so many days that you get those out here and when I do see them, I think it is my nostalgia and their relative rarity out here that really makes me happy. I wish I had to drive someplace far away just to keep looking at them!

Old 04-26-2014, 01:37 AM

72 posts, read 148,911 times
I moved to Fallbrook / Bonsall from Los Angeles as well. So I sold a two bedroom condo in Westwood for 250,000 more than I was able to buy a 4bedroom pool house in Fallbrook Bonsall area with 2 acres. What surprised me most is how incredibly quiet, beautiful, and peaceful it is here. The neighbors, who live in huge 6,7,8000 square-foot houses, are both pleasant and keep to themselves. I am working on a book and I couldn't be in a lovelier place, it really reminds me of the house my dad has in France.

Coming out of LA, and also having lived in Chicago and being born in New York City, I never saw myself living Green Acres style in the Italian or French countryside. South Fallbrook is an amazing place to live as long as you do not have to commute downtown and are self-employed. I got foreclosure house have been fixing it up on the weekends with my husband. I am so so happy here, as a photographer I am easily charmed by natural beauty and Fallbrook/ Bonsall has it in spades.

Old 04-26-2014, 01:48 AM

72 posts, read 148,911 times
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	128936

Old 04-26-2014, 02:07 AM

3,455 posts, read 8,349,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
As I was doing some work outside today, I thought of something and then this thread: most of the time, clouds as a whole are different out here. It probably has to do with the lack of humidity thus changing their make-up. You get so many completely clear days out here and a number of times of just thick marine layer, that you don't see clouds nearly as often in San Diego as you do back East and they are usually different looking.

As I was picking up my recycling bin a few moments ago, though - - I see East Coast clouds. Wispy ones and cumulous ones with real distinct edges to them. There are only so many days that you get those out here and when I do see them, I think it is my nostalgia and their relative rarity out here that really makes me happy. I wish I had to drive someplace far away just to keep looking at them!
I know exactly what you mean....not weird at all!

Old 04-28-2014, 04:05 PM

130 posts, read 163,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
I moved out here in July of 2005 and within the first week of being here, there were some spectacular thunderstorms in San Diego. I was living in Crown Point at the time and it was a scene - - seemed to go on for a whole hour, amazing flashes and booms.

I thought little of it. And then the next day on the Today show, they were talking about the San Diego thunderstorms. I was puzzled by it . . . I mean, it was summer, so of course there were thunderstorms!

I'm not getting to nine years of living here and I've experienced more thunder and lightening in that one night than in the eight plus years of living here since combined!
I remember that summer very clearly. I never saw anything like that in my 40 years in San Diego, and shortly after that I moved to the east coast and learned what thunderstorms are really like!

Old 04-28-2014, 04:07 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,483,906 times
people wear hawaiian shirts and ray bans they look laid back but work 3 jobs and do not have the time to enjoy their paradise, which is why they moved here. they are homicidal maniacs on the road. SD is #1 pedestrial fatalities in the nation.
its our form of pension management.

Old 04-29-2014, 01:50 AM

29 posts, read 66,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
people wear hawaiian shirts and ray bans they look laid back but work 3 jobs and do not have the time to enjoy their paradise, which is why they moved here. they are homicidal maniacs on the road. SD is #1 pedestrial fatalities in the nation.
its our form of pension management.
I had to look this one up, as i'm a big fan of walking places whenever possible. San Diego is WAY behind cities like New York, LA, and Miami, when it comes to pedestrian fatalities. In fact, the four worst places in this category, measured by pedestrian fatalities per capita, are all in Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego