Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 11:24 AM

1 posts, read 4,102 times

Advertisements

Cox sucks period... So far I had to replace 4 cable dvr, a modem and a router in two months. Have been on the phone with techinicians longer that i've actually have using their service. I would not recommend them to anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2010, 12:43 PM

50,262 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godwin06 View Post
Cox sucks period... So far I had to replace 4 cable dvr, a modem and a router in two months. Have been on the phone with techinicians longer that i've actually have using their service. I would not recommend them to anyone.
At least they are trying to work with you. ATT told me to pound sand basically after a truck ripped all the wires out off the front of my and some other neighbors houses. They wanted to charge me a 90 dollar fee to fix "their" assets.

Instead I told them to take a hike now they won't stop calling me.

Old 10-12-2010, 02:46 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,273,184 times
I have had AT&T for the past 2 years downtown. Service has been pretty solid, never really any weird outages or having to make service calls. The DVR software they use is excellent (although 2 years ago it was slow and laggy). Their online support for payment, adding or subtracting services and fewest mouse clicks to make changes are nice as well.
I found the HD quality of their streams to be very good. No weird artifacts from compression etc.
Internet speeds are consistent but I dont need a T1 connection anyway, I think I have what they call the Elite plan which is about 6mbps download speeds.

I had Cox prior to that and it was just awful all across the board. Service with them was like going to the DMV without an appointment.

Old 10-12-2010, 04:27 PM

176 posts, read 634,919 times
I've never had a problem with cox in the 15 years we've been using them (Internet, TV, and phone at different times)

Right now I just have internet through them and have only had to call them twice. Once was when ATT unplugged our internet cable from the box, once was when I upgraded to a DOCSIS 3 modem. Both times were pretty easy and they fixed the issue pretty quickly.

also I can't stand how slow ATT internet is.

Old 10-13-2010, 01:27 PM

1 posts, read 4,044 times
Hi godwin06,
Sorry to hear you are having problems with our services. We'd love the opportunity to see if we can assist. If you like, please e-mail us your contact information at: [email]coxsandiego.help@cox.com[/email], and someone will get in touch with you shortly.

Best Regards,
Chris

Old 10-16-2010, 11:48 AM

15,129 posts, read 32,318,882 times
I tired to order a landline through AT&T last weekend, but ended up having to call them, because the order wouldn't go through. Phone service was scheduled to be connected on October 14 by 8:00pm, and every time I called the number that was given to me, it would just ring, but I couldn't hear it. So Friday morning I spent 1 1/2 hours on my cell phone to AT&T find out the problem. It turned out that the jack is not hooked up to AT&T, and they wanted to charge me $55 to come out and repair it. I called them back, and told them to cancel the service.

I then called Cox, ordered phone service through them, the technician came out this morning at 8:55am, and 45 minutes later, I had a working landline with no problems.

And AT&T customer service really sucks! I called five times to have a California Lifeline application mailed to me, and each person that I talked to, gave me a different answer. Cox has already put on in the mail for me. So I think from now on, I'm going to stick to Cox, because AT&T is nothing but a problem.

Old 10-17-2010, 09:50 AM

745 posts, read 1,568,068 times
We had Cox for 2.5 years and recently switched to AT&T UVerse when Cox could not resolve our internet connectivity problems. They they came out and figured out the problem was with their signal, promised to send a crew out to the box on the street to fix it and never did. After constant calls and no action I cancelled. We do get the little freeze ups on the TV now and then that someone else referenced. That never happened with Cox but the on line services are much better and we are getting more services for the same price so we'll stick with AT&T UVerse for now.

Old 05-28-2011, 03:24 PM

7 posts, read 38,310 times
I have cox (12 years) and we get a few annoying freezes on the TV and there are much cheaper phone services so I switched to Vonage. As for the HS internet, it is screaming fast. 19.67mpbs download and 6.87mbps upload. If they can lower the price and expand to phone service to match or beat Vonage I'll switch back.

Old 02-28-2012, 10:31 AM

2 posts, read 3,778 times
I have had both Cox and Att. I love my Uverse. The ability to record in any room in the house or even to Record the series of my favorite Tv Show!! I love being able to have my caller Id on the Tv so I know who is calling before i leave the bed to get the Phone. I have found that ATT has More Bang for your Buck and Att works with me when my promotion expires! Say what you want but The Fiber optics Att offers is the future!! Cox needs to catch up! They may have a few problems but if you use a local store I have found that they really GO TO WAR FOR YOU ON ISSUES YOU MAY NOT BE ABLE TO RESOLVE!!! A lot of changes have taken place since 08. it's worth another try!!

Old 02-28-2012, 10:37 AM

50,262 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooreTai View Post
I have had both Cox and Att. I love my Uverse. The ability to record in any room in the house or even to Record the series of my favorite Tv Show!! I love being able to have my caller Id on the Tv so I know who is calling before i leave the bed to get the Phone. I have found that ATT has More Bang for your Buck and Att works with me when my promotion expires! Say what you want but The Fiber optics Att offers is the future!! Cox needs to catch up! They may have a few problems but if you use a local store I have found that they really GO TO WAR FOR YOU ON ISSUES YOU MAY NOT BE ABLE TO RESOLVE!!! A lot of changes have taken place since 08. it's worth another try!!
Wow, this doesn't read like a spam ad
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
View detailed profiles of: