Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 05:42 PM

813 posts, read 1,272,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
The problem is new posters don't read the old posts. They think they are the only ones wanting to make a move to SD, yet they all have the same unrealistic criteria. ( large lot, safe, great schools, walkable neighborhood, near/on the beach, 15 minute commute , etc, all for, what they think is a huge amt. of money, but in reality, slumlord conditions in San Diego) They want advice, yet get angry when we tell them it is not do-able. They get upset when asked the what's and where's and how much. Rare is it, that one actually makes the move and comes back to join us. I remember one telling us we were all jealous of him! ��
Shelby, I have to say that when we were planning our move over the last few years before we got here, your posts and docmcstuffin were very helpful.

I hang around here because I want to contribute as a newbie to San Diego and try to pay it forward with helping as much as I can. Plus, I still learn a LOT about different aspects of San Diego life through these threads. There are several valuable contributors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2015, 05:48 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,405,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowHope View Post
Shelby, I have to say that when we were planning our move over the last few years before we got here, your posts and docmcstuffin were very helpful.

I hang around here because I want to contribute as a newbie to San Diego and try to pay it forward with helping as much as I can. Plus, I still learn a LOT about different aspects of San Diego life through these threads. There are several valuable contributors.
Thanks! And your another Newbie to SD, that stuck around to help out others!

Old 03-19-2015, 05:53 PM

813 posts, read 1,272,063 times
Quote:
Thanks! And your another Newbie to SD, that stuck around to help out others!
I TRY to help!

Old 03-19-2015, 05:56 PM

[quote=RainbowHope;38882631]I TRY to help! [/QUOTE

Old 03-19-2015, 06:18 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,134,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
You're wrong on all counts. Apartments for rent in my area don't last long, but you wouldn't know that, and technically, you know nothing, unless it's something that YOU'RE interested in.

My area isn't gang ridden, everyone speaks English, yes, there is some industrial, but it depends on the block, there are two major grocery stores less than a mile away, there's plenty of parking, and NO helicopters flying overhead, but there were when I lived in City Heights.

As for the schools, do you work for the school district? If not, don't comment, because I used to work for that particular district, and I can tell you all about the kids in the schools in all of the areas.

You're just speculating from what you've read, Moderator cut: see note

If people want to live in the up and coming areas, they have to pay the price. I choose not to, and don't even like those areas. I happen to live where I live. I like not having to drive everywhere, having the last bus leaving at 2am to get me home from work if I choose to work at night. I have the convenience that the other areas will never have.

You're insinuating that all low income people live in the ghetto, doesn't speak English, don't keep up their residences, have kids that drop out of school, and never make anything of themselves, but you actually know nothing about it.

are lots of people who are willing to live in a lower income area to live in San Diego, but that's something that you don't even know about that, Moderator cut: see note

I do not care at all - not one bit - about your neighborhood and had no interest whatsoever in discussing your neighborhood as I explained to you before. I suggest some reading comprehension courses. As previously explained, I was discussing low-income areas in general with no particular area being focused on.

Nonetheless, you go on and on about your neighborhood whereas I was talking about low-income areas and why rents are low in those areas, information that might help someone looking at San Diego in general. There is a reason why areas are cheaper in certain parts of San Diego county and that reason is they are not desirable to most people.

Be careful with your assumptions about people who have anonymous names and about whom you know nearly nothing.

I am qualified to discuss areas in San Diego and do not need your permission to do so.

Old 03-19-2015, 06:37 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,923,286 times
Folks, I am currently handling moderating duties for all California forums.

If there is something that needs attention, please report the posts, and they will be reviewed.

Thank you.

Old 03-20-2015, 01:29 AM

6,109 posts, read 10,887,176 times
[quote=ShelbyGirl1;38882659]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowHope View Post
I TRY to help! [/QUOTE

You have been a great addition to the local and other forums here ShelbyGirl1- with your crazy (impressive) car knowledge, Texas spunk and now friendly, chill, North County San Diego vibe.

Old 03-20-2015, 06:36 AM

2,634 posts, read 3,691,761 times
This thread actually became a sticky? Ya gotta be kidding.

Old 03-20-2015, 09:33 AM

[quote=T. Damon;38886133]
Quote:

You have been a great addition to the local and other forums here ShelbyGirl1- with your crazy (impressive) car knowledge, Texas spunk and now friendly, chill, North County San Diego vibe.
Awwww....geeeee....blushing here! THANKS!

Old 03-20-2015, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Folks, I am currently handling moderating duties for all California forums.

If there is something that needs attention, please report the posts, and they will be reviewed.

Thank you.
Thanks for your time and help, David
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego