Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 05:41 PM

563 posts, read 524,683 times

Advertisements

I used to love San Diego. I went to college here. At one time, San Diego was the center of my universe. Now it is a place I hardly recognize. The building's look the same and there are many new building's, too. However, the demographics of SD have changed so much, that there are days that I feel like I am living on the outskirts of New Delhi, Tehran, Cairo or Karachi. San Diego is swamped with all of these people from other countries. They were not here when I left 15 years ago, but now they are as numerous as grains of sand on the beach.

I find many of them do little or nothing to assimilate into the fabric of our society. Instead they stick with each other. Just tired of it I guess. People always complain about Mexico and illegal aliens, who blend in very well with our society here in San Diego. I do not see this to be the case with Indians and Middle Easterners, who seem like they are separate. Is it a language issue? Learn some English!

Lastly, I see many of them hanging out in front of the County of San Diego Offices (Food Stamps, Social Services, etc), as I drive to work daily. I think if you cannot afford to live here, you should not be allowed to immigrate to the US. I feel like I am parroting Donald Trump, but I think people are beginning to think enough is enough.

Old 09-10-2015, 05:49 PM

7,411 posts, read 6,568,736 times
You are parroting Trump...oh, and by the way, the group with the largest percentage on welfare in this country, at 37%, are...whites.

Old 09-10-2015, 05:52 PM

Default Ignorance is bliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
You are parroting Trump...oh, and by the way, the group with the largest percentage on welfare in this country, at 37%, are...whites.
I find that hard to believe. But then, some people will believe anything. Hate to burst you bubble, but the moon is not made of cheese.

Old 09-10-2015, 05:53 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,702,943 times
oh boo hoo. San Diego isn't as white as you'd like. Cry me a river

Old 09-10-2015, 05:59 PM

716 posts, read 393,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood55 View Post
I used to love San Diego. I went to college here. At one time, San Diego was the center of my universe. Now it is a place I hardly recognize. The building's look the same and there are many new building's, too. However, the demographics of SD have changed so much, that there are days that I feel like I am living on the outskirts of New Delhi, Tehran, Cairo or Karachi. San Diego is swamped with all of these people from other countries. They were not here when I left 15 years ago, but now they are as numerous as grains of sand on the beach.

I find many of them do little or nothing to assimilate into the fabric of our society. Instead they stick with each other. Just tired of it I guess. People always complain about Mexico and illegal aliens, who blend in very well with our society here in San Diego. I do not see this to be the case with Indians and Middle Easterners, who seem like they are separate. Is it a language issue? Learn some English!

Lastly, I see many of them hanging out in front of the County of San Diego Offices (Food Stamps, Social Services, etc), as I drive to work daily. I think if you cannot afford to live here, you should not be allowed to immigrate to the US. I feel like I am parroting Donald Trump, but I think people are beginning to think enough is enough.
Amazing.

I wish more Americans were multilingual (including me).

We're a nation of immigrants, welcome to America, get used to it.

Old 09-10-2015, 06:00 PM

7,411 posts, read 6,568,736 times
They say ignorance is bliss....you are very blissful. You owe it to yourself to read "What's the Matter with Kansas"-assuming you can read. (p.s. I'm white).

Who Gets Food Stamps? White People, Mostly

More Whites Receive Food Stamps Than Blacks | MadameNoire

Most Poor People in America Are White - The Root

The four biggest lies told about welfare reform

Old 09-10-2015, 06:03 PM

6,511 posts, read 7,547,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd-bound View Post
Amazing.

Reminds me of a joke I heard once.

What do you call a person that speaks 3 languages? Tri Lingual.
What do you call a person that speaks 2 languages? Bi Lingual.
What do you call a person that speaks 1 language? An American.

It's funny how on other threads SD isn't diverse enough for some people...make up your mind people.

Old 09-10-2015, 06:06 PM

8,499 posts, read 6,905,797 times
Donald Trump gotcha hooked?

Old 09-10-2015, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
They say ignorance is bliss....you are very blissful. You owe it to yourself to read "What's the Matter with Kansas"-assuming you can read.

Who Gets Food Stamps? White People, Mostly

More Whites Receive Food Stamps Than Blacks | MadameNoire

Most Poor People in America Are White - The Root

The four biggest lies told about welfare reform

Look, Dorothy; we are not in Kansas anymore. So take you little dog ToTo and relocate if you like to Some Place Else, US. Obviously I can read. The question is, can you even think for yourself, aside from reciting a bunch of PC mumbo jumbo that will make everyone feel better. Maybe you should grow a pair or, if you have not done so already, do a Bruce Jenner!

Old 09-10-2015, 06:09 PM

Default You are no Pilgrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd-bound View Post
Amazing.

We're a nation of immigrants, welcome to America, get used to it.

That whole philosophy is beyond antique! No one really believes that! At least those people who can actually think. Go on parroting all of this political correct nonsense that you have been spoon fed all of your little mind controlled life. You should move to North Korea!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego