Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2016, 09:56 AM

15,129 posts, read 32,330,693 times

Advertisements

He bought another car when he moved here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2016, 12:36 PM

3,397 posts, read 2,805,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opt_10 View Post
Omg. That was a hard test. I got most questions wrong. Why do they have to make it so hard?

Also, do the mountains play a role in the test difficulty? But again Colorado DMV test is so much easier (i heard that) but it has mountains and snow! So, San Diego test should be easy but it's not! Confused!
I agree with you I found some questions to be REALLY uncommon to day to day driving. I remember a loading zone question and a car seat question that provided weight answers that were all close to one another. I barely passed and I've passed years of advanced tests/exams.

In other related news, I almost got hit by a driver this morning that looked like he took his first test in 1916. Can we take away some licenses before we give more out?

Old 10-22-2016, 12:54 PM

782 posts, read 759,678 times
Of all the states I lived in, CA by far was the hardest to get a license in terms of the process, wait and etc. Make an appt with CA DMV is a necessity as others have mentioned, the process and test to get my DL transferred made me feel like I was 15 when i got my learners permit in PA, no driving test but the touchscreen based multiple choice test.

I suppose it has benefits, the drivers here are leaps and bounds better than those in SoFLa and our car insurance went down over $2K a year.

Old 10-23-2016, 09:59 PM

480 posts, read 418,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
I agree with you I found some questions to be REALLY uncommon to day to day driving. I remember a loading zone question and a car seat question that provided weight answers that were all close to one another. I barely passed and I've passed years of advanced tests/exams.

In other related news, I almost got hit by a driver this morning that looked like he took his first test in 1916. Can we take away some licenses before we give more out?
True. Some questions are so irrelevant. 1916? A person that old is still driving? Just kidding. But here in PB, some drivers are rude. The other day some one parked their car on street blocking my drive way. How am I supposed to back out? Like..don't they think before parking their cars?

Old 10-24-2016, 08:17 AM

3,397 posts, read 2,805,928 times
Quote:
True. Some questions are so irrelevant. 1916? A person that old is still driving? Just kidding. But here in PB, some drivers are rude. The other day some one parked their car on street blocking my drive way. How am I supposed to back out? Like..don't they think before parking their cars?
Well, getting their car out of the tow yard usually modifies their thought process the next time out.

Old 10-24-2016, 10:18 AM

9,824 posts, read 11,551,287 times
Quote:
Well, getting their car out of the tow yard usually modifies their thought process the next time out.
This^^^^
When my younger brother lived in PB him and his neighbors had the number of a tow truck company that would come tow away pretty quickly, usually drunk college kids on the weekends.

Old 10-24-2016, 10:21 AM

50,294 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
I have a tow strap to fix that. Just drag into the middle of the street and let the cops tow it off

Old 10-26-2016, 11:05 PM

480 posts, read 418,616 times
Quote:
It was only partially blocking my drive way but it called for a difficult and tricky maneuver for me to back out without scratching my car. It never occurred to me I could call a towing company. Will do next time.

Old 10-28-2016, 12:22 PM

3,437 posts, read 3,288,213 times
CA doesn't honor reciprocity..it treats out of state drivers as one who drives only on rural roads and cant drive the 65mph speed limited, wide but congested freeways

Old 03-08-2017, 01:40 PM

1,570 posts, read 1,380,209 times
Did they let you keep your test so you could study up on the ones you missed? I think they have about 8 different tests, but they used to be fairly similar. I used to have 6 of them I used to study when I would have to take the test. There were several friends who saved theirs and we all shared them.

Here you go. I just found this: youtube, 12 different ca dmv drivers tests with answers. 3 hours worth. Enjoy.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego