Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2019, 02:27 PM

5,024 posts, read 7,576,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Say hi to Tommy from AGGRO. Get the BD discount (bloody decks outdoors).

Our Fishmonger | Tommy Gomes | CatalinaOP
Yes, I've worked with Tommy many times. He's the sort of guy where you ask for 3 lbs and he slips an extra pound in your bag. I've also taken a cooking class with Tommy. What is AGGRO? I'll ask for the Bloody Decks discount next time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2019, 06:20 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,025,774 times
Quote:
Say hi to Tommy from AGGRO. Get the BD discount (bloody decks outdoors).

Our Fishmonger | Tommy Gomes | CatalinaOP
He's the reason I got the Bubba Blade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyVA8JjdQ1g

Old 01-29-2019, 07:38 PM

50,294 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruitr View Post
Yes, I've worked with Tommy many times. He's the sort of guy where you ask for 3 lbs and he slips an extra pound in your bag. I've also taken a cooking class with Tommy. What is AGGRO? I'll ask for the Bloody Decks discount next time.
Tommy is one of the main advertisers on BD. We all have different screen names on BD. Make sure you sign up on BD for the discount. The premier west coast fishing website.

Old 01-29-2019, 08:10 PM

5,024 posts, read 7,576,569 times
Quote:
Tommy is one of the main advertisers on BD. We all have different screen names on BD. Make sure you sign up on BD for the discount. The premier west coast fishing website.
Thanks.

Old 02-03-2019, 07:59 PM

987 posts, read 779,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo42 View Post
I am more interested in the grill than what is being grilled. Let us know how the Traeger works out. I grill a lot of the fish I catch and was thinking about a Traeger. I currently have a Brinkmann that is a POS. Horrible quality. It is on the way to the dumpster.

As far as meat to grill, I usually just stick to Costco or the grocery store. I won't go out of my way.
The Traeger Grill works great! I bought the Jr. Elite 20Grill. It is the smallest grill with wheels. I googled and found it on Ebay instead of paying retail. It was $429.99 on the Traeger website. I found one brand new for $363.78 with free shipping and no sales tax. It also came with a free cover. It was delivered in 2 days. The tools were inside the box on arrival, with instructions. Me and my gf assembled it (girl power) and I did buy some Delmonico bone in rib eye steaks from Seisels.
It has a smoker setting and I grilled veggies with garlic and olive oil also.

It will work great for grilling fish the grill came with a cookbook also

Old 02-04-2019, 11:57 AM

84 posts, read 88,236 times
Not sure if it was mentioned but I love Stater Brothers for meat (if I can't get to a butcher or Costco). The meat counter butchers are happy to help and sometimes you can even request items from them and they will do what they can to help. All this talk about bbq is making me hungry! Now I have to go to the butcher.....hahaha

Old 02-04-2019, 01:15 PM

3,416 posts, read 2,457,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anita house View Post
Not sure if it was mentioned but I love Stater Brothers for meat (if I can't get to a butcher or Costco). The meat counter butchers are happy to help and sometimes you can even request items from them and they will do what they can to help. All this talk about bbq is making me hungry! Now I have to go to the butcher.....hahaha
Stater Bros is hands down my favorite grocery store, I just wished they had more in San Diego. I’m at the one in Lake Arrowhead all the time and everyone, especially the butchers/meat department is great. Their everyday prices seem to be the lowest as well. I’ve often stopped at the one in Rancho Penasquitos coming home too.

Old 02-08-2019, 01:10 PM

1,116 posts, read 1,134,001 times
Another yes for Stater Brothers. I had one that was my regular go to when I lived in Covina. Now, nothing remotely close to me here. I wish they'd take over some of those Albertsons that are all over the place.

Old 02-09-2019, 11:56 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,025,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul359 View Post
The Traeger Grill works great! I bought the Jr. Elite 20Grill. It is the smallest grill with wheels. I googled and found it on Ebay instead of paying retail. It was $429.99 on the Traeger website. I found one brand new for $363.78 with free shipping and no sales tax. It also came with a free cover. It was delivered in 2 days. The tools were inside the box on arrival, with instructions. Me and my gf assembled it (girl power) and I did buy some Delmonico bone in rib eye steaks from Seisels.
It has a smoker setting and I grilled veggies with garlic and olive oil also.

It will work great for grilling fish the grill came with a cookbook also
OK, quick follow-up. I just bought the Traeger Jr 20 at Costco. They are having a roadshow sale at the Rancho del Rey Costco in Chula.

Last edited by echo42; 02-09-2019 at 12:10 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego