Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2019, 04:23 PM

42 posts, read 48,665 times

Advertisements

hi i have posted once before on this as i am a African american from illinois chicago trying to live the black amigo life lol

i have been flying to mexico once a month and every month mainly Tijuana but last month i went to Mexicali for the first time my only wonder is if I were to wanna live in Mex work in usa i would feel like the border wait would be less of headache In Mexicali simply because there is no million population town with calexico right?

by that also mean less jobs compared to the tj san diego area i have been frustrated trying to figure the best option hmm i like Mexicali as it is more laid back but much hotter but quiet i have met a lot of women in tj and Mexicali and they are such more promising than american girls to the point where i need to relocate these trips every month cost and I'd rather just live in border town in the long run
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2019, 05:15 PM

5,734 posts, read 4,689,857 times
Does your keyboard have a shift key or any punctuation keys?

Old 05-03-2019, 05:47 PM

do you like men lol

Old 05-03-2019, 06:58 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,425,302 times
As someone who spends alot of time on the border I can assure you TJ is the place to be for several reasons. Some you have already figured out for yourself.

Mexicali is DANGEROUSLY hot in the summer. You cannot walk around in the heat. Never been to Calexico but it is a farming town....you being from Chicago and all.

Living in Mexico is cool but there are several downsides. Crossing everyday even with a SENTRI card sucks. Just having to go through the process sucks but I stay down for a week or more so it is worth it to me.

Most people who live and cross to work NEED to do it....not because they want to do it.

Old 05-03-2019, 07:50 PM

8,390 posts, read 7,639,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert14x View Post

i have been flying to mexico once a month and every month mainly Tijuana but last month i went to Mexicali for the first time my only wonder is if I were to wanna live in Mex work in usa i would feel like the border wait would be less of headache In Mexicali simply because there is no million population town with calexico right?

by that also mean less jobs compared to the tj san diego area i have been frustrated trying to figure the best option hmm i like Mexicali as it is more laid back but much hotter but quiet i have met a lot of women in tj and Mexicali and they are such more promising than american girls to the point where i need to relocate these trips every month cost and I'd rather just live in border town in the long run
As of today (May 3 2019), the unemployment rate in Calexico, California is 27.5%. In Imperial County, where Calexico is located, it's 16%.

Just for comparison's sake, the unemployment rate in Chicago, IL today is 3.6%

We're not just talking "less jobs" in that part of California, we're talking one of the highest unemployment rates in the entire United States.

Instead of Mexicali, have you and your girlfriend considered Tecate? That will put you within commuting distance of San Diego (an hour's drive) The unemployment rate in San Diego is currently 2.8%

But, honestly, if you plan to work in California and live in Mexico, the best choice is to live in Tijuana, just for proximity to actual jobs.

Last edited by RosieSD; 05-03-2019 at 08:01 PM..

Old 05-05-2019, 02:26 AM

15,128 posts, read 32,311,390 times
Crossing everyday even with a SENTRI card sucks. Just having to go through the process sucks but I stay down for a week or more so it is worth it to me.

And this is the reason that I moved back to SD - because I hate commuting!

Most people who live and cross to work NEED to do it....not because they want to do it.

This is true.

Old 05-06-2019, 12:30 AM

6,498 posts, read 7,527,078 times
^^ This is the part that turns MOST people off from living in and from visiting in my opinion. It is not the safety issues or the language barrier, it is the awful unpredictable long waits to get back.

When a drive which should normally take 15 mins turns into 2 hours and 15 minutes, it is very discouraging. At times I think CBP purposefully makes it slow.

But I suppose if "everyone" in CA could do it, rents and prop values would shoot sky high.

Old 05-06-2019, 12:53 AM

4,294 posts, read 4,425,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
I think CBP purposefully makes it slow.
For Sure !

Why build bigger customs buildings if you don't supply the necessary manpower to get people through the lines quicker......?

THE USA DOES NOT WANT YOU GOING OVER TO MEXICO for several reasons and one is MONEY. They don't want the money to go over there.

Don't get me wrong I love the Good Ol USA but I refuse to deny the obvious.

Also people who go or live in Mexico usually aren't ....one of The Folks. Therefore you mean squat to the Govt.

The USA would rather see the border close up for good more than anything else.

Old 05-06-2019, 09:59 AM

6,498 posts, read 7,527,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
For Sure !

Why build bigger customs buildings if you don't supply the necessary manpower to get people through the lines quicker......?
Yes, this part angers me so much, 2.5 hour wait and 50% of the lanes are closed.

Old 06-01-2019, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
As of today (May 3 2019), the unemployment rate in Calexico, California is 27.5%. In Imperial County, where Calexico is located, it's 16%.

Just for comparison's sake, the unemployment rate in Chicago, IL today is 3.6%

We're not just talking "less jobs" in that part of California, we're talking one of the highest unemployment rates in the entire United States.

Instead of Mexicali, have you and your girlfriend considered Tecate? That will put you within commuting distance of San Diego (an hour's drive) The unemployment rate in San Diego is currently 2.8%

But, honestly, if you plan to work in California and live in Mexico, the best choice is to live in Tijuana, just for proximity to actual jobs.

this does suck because I do talk to women in Tijuana and Mexicali but the one i liked the most was in Mexicali decent girl has a job house and car and wanted me to move in down there n work in calexico but these numbers make me think tecate or Tijuana is better
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego