Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2008, 02:38 PM

8 posts, read 17,705 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone!
I know this request has been posted often, but I'm new to this forum and need some advice/help! We, my fiance' and I, are looking into relocating from Wilmington, Delaware to the San Diego area. We are in our early 30's and are very active. We will be relocating without children and plan to have children within a year or so after we relocate so area and schooling is very much important to us (we hate to move and pack so we are looking to relocate and stay there for a while). Any areas for us to look into is greatly appreciated. If any needs more info, ie. income/careers/etc. please let me know!
Leah
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2008, 11:19 PM

1,658 posts, read 7,573,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leahde1 View Post
Hello everyone!
. If any needs more info, ie. income/careers/etc. please let me know!
Leah
I think we all do?We can help you if you give us valuable information.

Old 09-26-2008, 12:01 AM

1,148 posts, read 2,992,395 times
Hey, she already gave us some info to start.

Good schools. Well that pretty much crosses a lot of places off the list that are near downtown.

Check out North County and North Inland County-- those places have good schools. True the North Inland County has the appearance of "white bread, conservative and consisting mostly of tract homes" but they are still nice, clean communities, a bit boring but has good schools and are safe. I highly recommend Scripps Ranch for its schools, amenities, location and what I believe will be an excellent ROI. According to a news article printed in Business Week 9/4/08, "The third-fastest-selling Zip is the Scripps Ranch neighborhood of San Diego, a wealthy inland market where listings were typically 70 days old, a span that would have been unthinkable during the real estate boom."

Old 09-26-2008, 06:17 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,982,588 times
Fly to San Diego for a week or two, and explore the entire county in person. It's the best way to see what's available.

San Diego has lots of different types of neighborhoods, so your best bet is to see a lot of them for yourself before making your decision.

Use San Diego Craigslist's housing section to get a feel for what housing costs are in different areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
View detailed profiles of: