Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 04:40 PM

33 posts, read 109,724 times

Advertisements

does anyone know anything about San Diego City College?
good area? bad area?
any info, I don't really care!!
just anything you can give me about the school AND the areA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2007, 04:50 PM

1,658 posts, read 7,579,793 times
It's in an ok area.Great 2 year school.I go to SWC and wish I went to SDCC.

Old 10-10-2007, 05:17 PM

just an okay area?
what is it near?
what are good areas of SD that are reasonable commute to SDCC or any of the universities?

Old 10-10-2007, 05:21 PM

288 posts, read 919,980 times
It's located downtown near Balboa Park. Lots of nice apartments and condos downtown, but most are a bit pricey. Seems like a decent area.

Old 10-10-2007, 05:41 PM

safe though?

Old 10-10-2007, 05:51 PM

9,527 posts, read 30,499,269 times
It is a reasonably safe area but you are on the edge of some crappy ones. Personally I would not live immediately to the south of campus. I lived on Cortez Hill when I went to SDCC and it was great.

I have very, very fond memories of SDCC. I met my wife there. I got started with my career there. Mesa has more classes but is more of a high school scene. SDCC has a lot of diversity and is close to lots of fun stuff to do. Take a photo class if you can.

Old 10-10-2007, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
It is a reasonably safe area but you are on the edge of some crappy ones. Personally I would not live immediately to the south of campus. I lived on Cortez Hill when I went to SDCC and it was great.

I have very, very fond memories of SDCC. I met my wife there. I got started with my career there. Mesa has more classes but is more of a high school scene. SDCC has a lot of diversity and is close to lots of fun stuff to do. Take a photo class if you can.

oh good, i have been lookin into a lot of schools out there, FIDM was my only choice, but i figured i should just take some classes @ SDCC so i can declare residency and have school cheaper
normally i judge school by their websites..and SDCC's isn't very appealing so i was freaking out thinking it would be all ghetto and such (and trust me i know ghetto..i live in Flint, MI...we're the murder mit, hah)

Old 10-10-2007, 08:56 PM

100 posts, read 564,240 times
I took some classes there last semester. Its definitely in one of the more urban areas of San Diego so you get a lot of different types of people, some of them I would call ghetto based solely on the way they dress (huge baggy pants and shirts) but most people there seemed to be normal. Its basically in downtown San Diego and the entire downtown is only one square mile so its near everything downtown as well as close to the Balboa park area so there are some decent living choices nearby.

Old 10-11-2007, 10:34 PM

169 posts, read 859,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california_guy110 View Post
I took some classes there last semester. Its definitely in one of the more urban areas of San Diego so you get a lot of different types of people, some of them I would call ghetto based solely on the way they dress (huge baggy pants and shirts) but most people there seemed to be normal. Its basically in downtown San Diego and the entire downtown is only one square mile so its near everything downtown as well as close to the Balboa park area so there are some decent living choices nearby.
WOW

and what would you consider "normal"?

Old 08-20-2008, 09:09 PM

3 posts, read 13,126 times
Default normal

let me help you out on what "normal" means in this context and how it relates to san diego city college. "normal" would mean wearing attire that actually fits rather than pants down around the knees with the underwear sticking out. NORMAL would be dressing as though you want to achieve something in life rather than imulate PRISON. if one wants to get a decent education here in san diego.....my suggestion would be grossmont college. if you're more into the "culteral diversity" and want to feel as though you're in a prison yard.....then san diego city college is just the thing. if you want to feel as though you're on an actual college campus and recieve good instruction to get you to your next venture in life....go to grossmont.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
View detailed profiles of: