Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 04:22 PM

430 posts, read 1,652,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
If you have lived in SoCal in the last 5-10 years you have seen a "BRO".sdlife619's post was right on. The phenomenon rose with Bryan Deagan of the Metal Militia "Dirt Bikers" for the X-Games and such...

Here is what a bro would look like PAY ATTENTION VERY DANGEROUS! (muy dangeroso)

Q: What do bros like and dislike?
A:
The Bro like a limited number of things, including:
~ Trucks
~ Dirt Bikes
~Beer
~Girls
~Fighting.
~Whatever rap or hardcore music is popular at the moment (because listening to cool music makes YOU cool too.)
~Fighting while drunk on top of dirt bikes balanced on trucks with girls watching and Bullet for my Valentine playing in the background.

The Bro also has several dislikes, including:
~Books
~Fuel efficient cars
~Complete sentences
~Time spent not fighting

Q: How should I handle encounters with bros?
A:
When approaching a bro, you have to have use caution, as they are always looking for a reason to fight. Scientists have discovered that they have a brain defect that leads them to believe that if they disagree with someone, beating him up proves they were right the whole time.
OH I kinda get it, "The Bro's" Are basically a californian version of the east coast guido, am i right?.. well sorta they come from they same family though/genetic links, the main branch being douchbag of course. They share very similar genetics to one another, check this:

Quote:
guido:

WARDROBE: tight zipper shirts, tracksuits, designer jeans, fuzzy kangol hats, tiny hoop earrings, fake gold chains, and related Euro-trash garb and tacky cheese-wear.

NATURAL HABITAT: Known to frequent Tri-State area malls looking for club gear to waste their week's pay on (most likely spotted shopping at "Bang Bang" in Staten Island). During the day when not at their food delivery, telemarketting, or construction job, can be located at their local gym tanning or lifting weights. Can be found nightly at mainstream danceclubs they read about online (SF, Webster Hall, Etc.). Most notable for cruising the Jersey shore in an old car (Honda, Mustang, etc.) which has been tinted, painted and sports $1,000-$3,000 rims in a feeble attempt to look like new. Guido cars usually have a boomin' system through which cheesy music like freestyle, commercial club/trance and hip-hop (anything KTU plays) is loudly blasted.

GENETIC LINKS: Directly related to modern day urban-guidos, A.K.A. "wiggers," A.K.A. "wegros;" urban-guidos are white males who once exhibited the traits referenced above, but have now instead opted to keep it unreal, with wardrobes consisting of clothes from labels like FUBU and Rocawear which they bought on sale at Macy's. These individuals still listen to the same music and drive the same type of car as their predecessor; it is usually just their choice of attire and use of slang and poor speech skills that differentiate them from the classic guido. Most guidos are distrusting of non-whites despite the fact some of their attire and music can be traced to non-white origins.

PASSTIMES/RECREATIONAL ACTIVITIES: Guidos enjoy beating up a non-white or homosexual while assisted by a group of 5-10 guido friends backing them up; engaging in date rape; and displaying their lack of rhythm by dancing poorly in the middle of a club's dance floor while non-guidos look on in disbelief.
other groups include: Wigger.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...o&defid=585341
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2011, 11:02 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,186,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt971x View Post
OH I kinda get it, "The Bro's" Are basically a californian version of the east coast guido, am i right?.. well sorta they come from they same family though/genetic links, the main branch being douchbag of course. They share very similar genetics to one another, check this:

other groups include: Wigger.

Urban Dictionary: guido
They could have their own show too called SoCal Shore

Old 01-10-2011, 11:04 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_vl4o3VFxo

Old 01-11-2011, 09:50 AM

745 posts, read 1,287,068 times
We've got Bros in the Orange County now for the past few years, most of whom appear to have migrated from the Inland Empire perhaps due to their parents' construction businesses failing.

We lived near one that had this ridiculously lifted white Ford truck and he later installed this giant vertical exhaust chimney pipe on it so it's twice as loud. Every day he'd waste two gallons of gas flooring it up that hill we lived on. It sounded like a Monster Truck driving across a row of rusty buses.

I wouldn't mind is so much if they'd outgrow it but it appears that brodom can persist up until the mid 30s, when it really only seems excuseable up to the age of 23 or so. I think their greatest fault is their inability to laugh at themselves, and their inability to recognize how far sound travels from their noise makers.

Old 01-11-2011, 02:54 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,996,329 times
Re: BacktoBlue youtube video:
Those are hardly bros....here's the real deal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSwso6bX1bI

And the term: Flatbiller....rofl!

Old 01-11-2011, 02:57 PM

LOL Thanks for finding that. Too funny!

Those guys are such douchebags.

Old 01-11-2011, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djxpress View Post
Re: BacktoBlue youtube video:
Those are hardly bros....here's the real deal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSwso6bX1bI

And the term: Flatbiller....rofl!
Here's some more info I found about this specific breed via urban dictionary

Quote:
Bro's aka Flatbiller

1. Also called "BROs" because they constantly refer to each other as bro ("Hey bro"), a flatbiller is a kid covered in silly tattoes, tries his best to be x-treme, has a raised truck, rides dirtbikes and needs to talk about dirtbiking when other people are listening. Havasu and Glamis are the common vacation spots for west coast flatbillers.

The term flatbiller refers to the flatbilled hats turned sideways that bros often wear. Common flatbiller accessories are custom lowered older cars, iron cross/west coast choppers stickers, bandanas, white stickers on the back window of their "street" truck that show how x-treme they are. Flatbillers are only allowed to wear black. There is an entire
webpage devoted to providing flatbiller examples... the name is very creative, can you guess it?

Two flatbillers involved in an intelligent discourse at work-

Bro #1: Hey bro did you see my new west coast choppers tat, now I really look like eminem bro.

Bro #2: Bro, that tat is crazy, bro, you do look like eminem bro. We look so different than everyone else that is trying to look different.

Bro #1: Yeah bro, when I go dirtbiking I will have to let it air-out with the nipple ring. We are x-treme individuals bro. Nobody knows how to party like us. Did I mention that we dirtbike bro.

Bro #2: Awesome bro, these tattoes are never going out of style bro. They are timeless bro, like that "Limp Bizkit" scar that you scratched into your arm in 9th grade, bro.

Bro #1: Yeah bro. I need to get out of here bro, we should go to Havasu this weekend.

Bro #2: Yeah bro, but payday is next friday and I need to sink all my cash into the 8-ball shift-knob on the '63 bro.

Bro #1: I hear you bro, we need to ditch this job and become union pipelayers bro. That would be x-treme.

Customer: Can I have the large fries please.

2. A flatbiller is someone who buys a truck, puts a large and ineffectual lift on it, then proceeds to offroad in closed areas, resulting in more anti-offroader sentiment. Many times, but not always, they are characterized by their flat billed mesh hat.

That dude in the F150 lifted on 33's was at Gordons Well bombing through the bushes, he's too much of a flatbiller and is gonna help the Sierra Club close the dunes.

3. A flatbiller is a young male, who usually lives in SoCal Or NorCal. They are typically white and very proud of their race(Not racist they're PROUD). They are very confident in themselves, they're also very outgoing and love to party. Their style includes Dickies pants or shorts, a shirt with a logo on it(SRH, Metal Mulisha, Skin, Famous, KMK), A hat or bandana(sometimes both) and many tattoos and piercings. You often see them riding lifted trucks, jeeps, dirt bikes, and quads.

Urban Dictionary: Flatbiller

Old 01-12-2011, 02:02 AM

I figured out where these bro's are coming from, no other than the inland empire of course!!

Riverside

Riverside is a very knit-tight community in So Cal. Guys and Girls from the inland empire areas are from Riverside. Drive lifted trucks, wear flat-bill hats, wear black socks. Drink Monster, Mountain Dew, and Beer. Brands worn are normally Fox, Alpine Star, Skin, No Fear, etc. Listen to bands such as Blink-182, Social Distortion, and country music.

Urban Dictionary: Riverside

Old 01-12-2011, 08:17 AM

50,478 posts, read 47,209,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt971x View Post
lol can someone explain to me, how "the bro's" are any different from your typical tool/guido/douchebag?

are "the bro's" a sub-branch of the top 3 I just mentioned? what breed did they come from?..
Douchebaggery knows no race or color. What " makes" them is some reason for attention. Usually loud music and some bizarre clothing or vehicle. Personally I'm more annoyed with the group that takes a perfectly good older classic car and slaps truck rims with car race tires on it. It's the dumbest thing I've ever seen. A stupid lifted car

Most will probably burn any photos of it later in life out of sheer embarrassment. Same with the "pants on the ground" look.

Old 01-12-2011, 10:59 AM

1,322 posts, read 4,242,435 times
people still wear NO FEAR shirts?!? no way. in "harold and kumar go to white castle" there were bro's that kept harassing the main characters. and they were apparantly from hoboken NJ. ridiculous. no bros in hoboken. there are douchebags. but not bros. extreme cheddar!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego