Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 05:45 PM

1 posts, read 9,848 times

Advertisements

Hi! My family is moving from Chicago and we are considering San Ramon and Danville. I have heard many negative things about Danville like lack of diversity and kids being sheltered. I have a 2 1/2 year old and wanted any thoughts out there. We are Indian and look for a diverse community or at least one where people are open to it. Thank you in advance.

Old 07-25-2010, 06:11 PM

2,352 posts, read 5,253,010 times
Danville is nice and diverse. I'm not sure what the fear of "kids" being sheltered is all about. It's not like Danville is full of Amish people who ride buggies and only eat food grown on their "fields".

You should be more worried about the potential apathy that grows rampant in youth in the suburbs.

Old 07-25-2010, 10:34 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,651,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
Danville is nice and diverse.
haha, in what way is Danville "diverse"? God, the more you post the more it's obvious you know NOTHING about the Bay Area.

Old 07-25-2010, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
haha, in what way is Danville "diverse"? God, the more you post the more it's obvious you know NOTHING about the Bay Area.
Says the guy who lives in "San Diego".

Old 07-25-2010, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Says the guy who lives in "San Diego".
And who was BORN and RAISED in the Bay Area right next to Danville. Why don't you actually answer the question? How is Danville "diverse"? If you can't answer that then you obviously have no damn clue what you are talking about again.

Old 07-25-2010, 10:58 PM

Quote:
And who was BORN and RAISED in the Bay Area right next to Danville.
You sound like someone who has a lot of Danville envy. Don't be angry because you couldn't cut it and actually live there.

Old 07-25-2010, 11:05 PM

Quote:
You sound like someone who has a lot of Danville envy. Don't be angry because you couldn't cut it and actually live there.
Haha, what the hell are you talking about and where would you even get that from? You are so pathetic, you can't even answer the question so you make up some BS that I am envious of Danville b/c I stated I grew up next to it. Absolutely unbelievable the crap you come up with b/c you get called out with your obvious lack of knowledge about the Bay Area.

Why can't you answer the question how Danville is diverse? Is it because you are full of sh*t and probably have never even been to Danville? Did you search for some stats then realize how wrong you are then make up some crap that I'm envious of Danville in some pathetic, lame attempt to divert attention away from the fact that you cannot back up your claim of how Danville is diverse? ANSWER THE QUESTION: How is Danville diverse? What is "diverse" about it?

Old 07-25-2010, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Haha, what the hell are you talking about and where would you even get that from?
It's obvious that you're envious of the Danville community.

"I lived right next to Danville"

Right.

Old 07-25-2010, 11:17 PM

Quote:
It's obvious that you're envious of the Danville community.

"I lived right next to Danville"

Right.
I grew up in Walnut Creek, and since you probably are not aware but that is the city right next door to Danville. How else was I suppose to state that?

Why can't you answer the question and instead keep going off topic and making up BS how I'm envious of Danville? You've never been been to Danville, what would you know about it or what there is to be envious of?

HOW IS DANVILLE DIVERSE? WHAT IS DIVERSE ABOUT DANVILLE?

^Why can't you actually these questions? You made the statement that Danville is diverse so show us how it is diverse or admit that you don't know what you're talking about? You shouldn't be on here giving people false information. Why would you choose to do that? Need attention?

But keep talking and continue to show the forum what a troll you are that has NO knowledge about the Bay Area.

Old 07-25-2010, 11:23 PM

3 posts, read 15,436 times
Not much difference between Danville and SR...Danville might be a bit more expensive. It's your typical higher-end suburban area (like most of the 680 corridor).

Like most higher-end areas, it's not too diverse, but I don't think you'd experience much difficulty...other than you might feel a bit out of place. Most Indian folks in the Bay Area are usually in the East and South Bay...from about Hayward on down to San Jose...

Just my opinion, but you should check out San Jose. I think you'll find it's a much more diverse city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland