Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 11:35 AM

41 posts, read 61,321 times

Advertisements

There is NO such thing as reverse racism, that term is simply a media generated term. Racism is racism, white, black, asian, whatever. People who judge others by their race and not acceptable criteria (performance on the job, kindness, friendliness, honor etc) are racists. Not reverse racists, not white power, or Black Power anything...just....racists. Simple, misguided people who are either too ignorant to see the stupidity of racism or they're such a lowlife they use it to their advantage. Either way, they are nothing more than losers who must use race to delineate people because they are usually failures at any other criteria like: performance, kindness, friendliness, honor, integrity. It happens in SF it happens in China, it happens in Boston and New Orleans. The ONLY way to combat it is to shine a light on it so people can see it for what it is and for the average person to continue to not accept it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2011, 01:55 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,656,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
The fact that it's news here says a lot. A regular, expected (even encouraged) occurence in all too many other places in this country.
This would be news in pretty much any other major metropolitan area in this country. What place would this not make the news or even yet what metropolitan area would this be encouraged? I find it pretty bizarre that you're suggesting this is a regular occurrence in other big cities and that SF is somehow unique for it occurring here. Yes this type of stuff exists everywhere and I think that is the point some are trying to make, that it exists here too despite how some people try to portray this area as being some super tolerant, racial utopia. It's pretty much like everywhere else, probably better than some other places but not in a league of its own or anything. I've just seen on this site too many times people trying to claim there are no racial issues here, people don't get shot for wearing the wrong color here like in LA, etc..when in fact that stuff does occur here just like in other places.

Jewish editor's Berkeley home vandalized for third time : Local: In Berkeley

Old 03-18-2011, 03:00 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,127,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Is there a particular reason why we should be surprised? Racism exists everywhere.

They currently live in SF, but are they FROM SF? That is the question.

Old 03-18-2011, 05:11 PM

3,980 posts, read 8,988,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
They currently live in SF, but are they FROM SF? That is the question.
Why does it matter? Do you honestly think that racists are only born outside of the City? That's ridiculous.

I hate to say it because I grew up here, but I've witnessed and experienced firsthand some terrible racism in San Francisco.

No place is immune- racially diverse or not.

Old 03-18-2011, 06:52 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,448,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffredo View Post
Or dragged by a car until dead for it like in your former home of Texas.
Believe it or not this sickness exists everywhere on the planet earth. No one that I know in Texas thought that was an awesome homicide. Actually it almost created a riot in Houston where I am from. No one but the sorry evil souls that could do that to someone would think that is a way to treat a human. It is not a Texas or California thing...it is a human race thing! Ahhh the human race....what a species!

BTW I wore my Don't Mess With Texas t-shirt today and was happily surprised that no one had any bad words about it....but then again I was in Oakland all day!

Old 03-18-2011, 08:00 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,390,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
Believe it or not this sickness exists everywhere on the planet earth. No one that I know in Texas thought that was an awesome homicide. Actually it almost created a riot in Houston where I am from. No one but the sorry evil souls that could do that to someone would think that is a way to treat a human. It is not a Texas or California thing...it is a human race thing! Ahhh the human race....what a species!
Had to rep ya for this

Old 03-18-2011, 08:04 PM

7,688 posts, read 29,154,335 times
There's all stripes of crazy in San Francisco. This is one of the less common ones.

Old 03-18-2011, 09:27 PM

807 posts, read 1,302,940 times
Racist attacks like this are disgusting and horrific. However, it's funny how there isn't similar outcry over the Black on Asian attacks that have been occuring in the Bay Area, which are "Hate Crimes", but apparently many "community organizer" types want to say that they are merely "crimes of opportunity". There was also the father with his two sons (Bologna) that were murdered by an Illegal Alien in cold blood in the city a couple of years ago.

The whole notion of having "Hate Crimes" laws seem to be merely a way to excercise more punitive punishments towards white people rather than punishing those that commit crimes based on race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, handicap, etc.

Old 03-19-2011, 11:06 AM

1,650 posts, read 3,519,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post
The whole notion of having "Hate Crimes" laws seem to be merely a way to excercise more punitive punishments towards white people rather than punishing those that commit crimes based on race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, handicap, etc.
There are specific legal requirements about what constitutes a hate crime and its not a hate crime simply because the perpetrator is white and the victim is some other race.

So please, get over your paranoia! Or even better...read the actual legislation instead of mindlessly repeating on this forum what you heard in Fox news

Old 03-19-2011, 11:13 AM

1,650 posts, read 3,519,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffredo View Post
Or dragged by a car until dead for it like in your former home of Texas.
I am not claiming that TX has great race relationship in its history but TX does have a record of improving. In case you were not aware, state of TX executed the perpetrators of the dragging incident pretty quickly.

If you go the map of hate crime/hate groups in US compiled by the southern poverty law center, by far CA has the most! CA is famous for notorious racist prison gangs. This is not surprising given the large population of CA! Just don't be in denial....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland