Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2011, 12:13 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,539,821 times

Advertisements

Obama expected to visit Facebook HQ, hold fundraiser during Bay Area visit – California Beat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2011, 12:19 PM

3,722 posts, read 14,725,748 times
To raise more money, no doubt!

Old 04-20-2011, 07:45 AM

1,651 posts, read 3,698,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by humboldtrat View Post
To raise more money, no doubt!
Was it the fundraiser that tipped you off to that?

Old 04-21-2011, 01:15 AM

9,197 posts, read 16,845,334 times
Smart guy - nowhere better to spend 420. Here to inspect the state's #1 cash crop.

Old 04-22-2011, 11:17 AM

23 posts, read 37,046 times
Obama was at a fundraiser at St. Regis yesterday (April 21). I should have checked the news before heading downtown. It took me 2 hrs and 20 minutes to get out of downtown. I was stuck on Folsom street for most of it. It was a parking lot.

They shut down a bunch of streets (no cars or pedestrians), re-routed the Muni. It was a mess. All for a fundraiser for 200 fat cats.

Old 04-24-2011, 02:12 AM

27 posts, read 150,225 times
I really wish they would pick a better time for the president to visit. I was in Los Angeles last summer when he came by at around 5 pm. LA traffic literally starts around 2-3 pm in certain areas. I was stuck on a bus that took 30 min to move half a block, because Wilshire Blvd was shutdown. Many of us wanted to just get out and walk, but the bus driver wouldn't let us off for safety regulations.

One time president Clinton visited San Francisco. I was trying to walk across the street to get to the restaurant for dinner, but the police blocked off a long part of the street and would not let me cross until the motorcade had passed by 5-10 min later.

The president should just travel in an unmarked car, so no one can know he is inside. Therefore there wouldn't be a need to shutdown major streets for safety.

Old 04-24-2011, 09:31 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,394,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teknodudes View Post
I really wish they would pick a better time for the president to visit. I was in Los Angeles last summer when he came by at around 5 pm. LA traffic literally starts around 2-3 pm in certain areas. I was stuck on a bus that took 30 min to move half a block, because Wilshire Blvd was shutdown. Many of us wanted to just get out and walk, but the bus driver wouldn't let us off for safety regulations.

One time president Clinton visited San Francisco. I was trying to walk across the street to get to the restaurant for dinner, but the police blocked off a long part of the street and would not let me cross until the motorcade had passed by 5-10 min later.

The president should just travel in an unmarked car, so no one can know he is inside. Therefore there wouldn't be a need to shutdown major streets for safety.
Yep, same thing happened in San Diego when GW Bush came for his visits. Obama, Clinton, Bush...doesn't matter. The secret service goes nuts, that's just how it is.

Old 04-24-2011, 09:48 AM

23 posts, read 37,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Yep, same thing happened in San Diego when GW Bush came for his visits. Obama, Clinton, Bush...doesn't matter. The secret service goes nuts, that's just how it is.
Yes this is truly a bipartisan issue.

I don't think the president (Republican or Democrat) should disrupt traffic during rush hour in a major city for a political fundraiser.

Old 04-24-2011, 02:17 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,394,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by webzu View Post
Yes this is truly a bipartisan issue.

I don't think the president (Republican or Democrat) should disrupt traffic during rush hour in a major city for a political fundraiser.
Well, don't know what to tell ya. Where ever the president goes, for what ever reason, he's going to disrupt traffic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland