Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 08:29 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,943,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post

Kids talk and we hear what they are talking about. It turns out that our kids are considered less than normal, and when I say our kids, I am talking my wife and mine. Our kids are achievers in school, that can not go unnoticed, that is just the case. They are much differant from the other kids because one. they don't drink and two they don't have sex.

Sex has become such a big part of the high school lifestyle that to not have it is unusual. Kind of a sad thing if you ask me. As a parent I would want my kids to stay kids for as long as they can. As they get older I realize that they have to live in this big old world of ours and their are always influences out there that will draw their attention. I would like to think I have taught them well though. Either way they are looked up to by others within the High School community.

To say that an 18 year old needs to run off to a strip club to see some chic up there strutting her stuff is not what these kids would be into. Why would they? When they can get the real deal for free and with little princesses that are much younger and fresher than the ladies at a strip club.

Well, to be fair, most parents don't know their kids are having sex or drinking. It's not something that kids tell their parents and are quite careful about mentioning such things if either their parents or anyone who might tell are near them. So, while you think you know exactly what your children are doing, you really don't. However, good news is... a kid can drink and have sex and still be a great, ambitious, friendly kid.

In my opinion, I would rather have kids drink socially and have sex vs beating up gay or colored children as was common in the past. America has been so conservative compared to many other countries both in Asia and Europe that it's not unusual for an 18 year old to go crazy as soon as he can do something "taboo" same thing with drinking. I was allowed to drink in high school, so when I got to college, it was no big deal when liquor was everywhere. I saw sheltered kids literally going crazy because they were so sheltered and now they have all this freedom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland