Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 08:50 AM

2 posts, read 5,477 times

Advertisements

Thank you, these posts are very helpful in making my decision.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2013, 07:22 AM

2 posts, read 2,266 times
I moved my family to Antioch from San Francisco in 1996. Both my children grew up here. The city has gone through some changes but it is still a great place to live. It is equidistant from most areas in the bay area. One hour from the wine country, 45 minutes from the Bay Bridge Toll plaza, one hour from Sacramento and one hour from San Jose. It is situated right at the gate of the beautiful Delta region so if you like boating fishing and water sports they are all minutes away. You have access to bart. Both my kids where able to use Bart with their friends to safely attend concerts in San Francisco and Oakland.

The section 8 problem has gotten a little better in recent years, but the biggest problem are the Schools.
We have great Elementary schools but I wasn't impressed with the Middle and High Schools. My daughter loved Deer Valley High, and she had no issues. What Antioch needs are new families to come and take back the communities that the Section 8 investors destroyed on the early 2000's. Antioch is a great city if we have pride and make it a great city. Personally I can't think of anywhere I'd rather live and I travel the world for a living so I've seen many cites all over the world. Home is where you make it.

Old 06-21-2013, 11:36 PM

702 posts, read 954,331 times
The only major problem with Antioch is traffic on highway 4 - it's pure epic hell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland