Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 04:55 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWingFan View Post
Well you knew this day was potentially coming, what were your escape plans? I would be looking for other jobs now while I was employed, your still a human being and their just an employer dont let them beat you around if you can't produce a document you cant produce it, infact more than likely I would be pressing them, if you want unemployment moneys then your route is clear, If were only talking about one fictions job, I would mention in a meeting with them that your a puzzled that you find yourself in a work environment where your integrity is being brought into questions after you had been interviewed, screened, hired, and demonstrated proficiency at the job, whats the concern? I will do my own research for this but is asking for your tax returns a common practice of corporate America? That seems like in invasion of personal privacy
you can't be serious, someone fabricated a resume, got caught, is not thinking of taking in further and asking a friend to lie for him and you are saying asking for a pay stub is invasion of privacy? BTW, the company has every right to ask for proof of past employment, both length and salary...

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
This whole thread is full of crap advice except for Trackwatch. OP, go to your other thread...face the reality. Your lying is your own fault and you are going to lose. You keep this up, you are going to lose much, much worse than you are now.

Advising someone to falsify documents and pay someone to vouch for them...you people are insane.
geeze I was beginning to think I was the only one who saw it this way. Padding a resume, which to me is dishonest, isn't the end of the world. I am sure it is done daily by people who just really want a position and think a little bit here and there won't hurt, but then I read about so many others that are encouraging him to keep up and carry it even further. Wow, it just makes me wonder???

Nita

Old 08-15-2012, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldPlay View Post
Seems like you've sold your soul and integrity to the corporate world. Congrats! We're all right behind you reluctantly, as that seems to be the only way to survive ON THEIR TERMS....So as one other poster stated, you've already carved your path. Sad.

bu if you think this is bad, just wait til the GOP get in office. We can all say G'Bye to any possible chance at compassion from anyone.

...and shame on those of you promoting this unethical behavior. Please OP, be true to yourself, stop selling out, and get real.
Why did this have to turn into a political thread? BTW, don't your wonder, of those who are promoting unethical behavior what side they are on? As political as I am, I would not have even connected this thread with who might or might not be in the WhiteHouse in a few more months.

Old 08-15-2012, 07:58 PM

261 posts, read 497,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Why did this have to turn into a political thread? BTW, don't your wonder, of those who are promoting unethical behavior what side they are on? As political as I am, I would not have even connected this thread with who might or might not be in the WhiteHouse in a few more months.
you're right. apologies for getting carried away with politics. It is becoming so disheartening to see our US culture lose all sense of integrity, but nearly daily seems more and more prevalent. We should focus more on ethics and dignified behavior, but that's hard to do when the corporate world has such power over us. And to some in leadership, corporations have more rights than people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland