Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 11:44 AM

1,211 posts, read 1,534,127 times

Advertisements

Bottom line, it is a demographic problem. If we replaced the entire population of Oakland with Asians, it would be a more popular place to live than SF. I wish we could import more people from India and China and relocate them to Oakland and get rid of the current residents by force somehow

Old 08-22-2012, 11:54 AM

2,518 posts, read 4,010,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by analyze_this View Post
Bottom line, it is a demographic problem. If we replaced the entire population of Oakland with Asians, it would be a more popular place to live than SF. I wish we could import more people from India and China and relocate them to Oakland and get rid of the current residents by force somehow
Whoa. Didn't an angry, short, German man once try that?

Old 08-22-2012, 12:32 PM

13,717 posts, read 7,992,868 times
Quote:
No, I am NOT racist but I am definitely not the type to tap dance around the real issue. When was the last time you heard of a violent crime in Chinatown? Ask any SF resident if they feel unsafe walking there.

Give me a break. The more we tiptoe around this issue the more we postpone finding a solution.

Sad but true.

I kinda hoped Obama was going to address such issues but that's not been the case.

Old 08-22-2012, 02:06 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,757,440 times
Quote:
There are a lot of dirt poor asians around...have you ever been to Chinatown? How come there is zero crime out there?

Sick of the PC nonsense...everyone knows EXACTLY the demographic group that makes Oakland so bad.

And I am pretty liberal.

You're "sick of the PC nonsense" and yet you're too chicken**** to say what you really mean... Interesting. You've basically said everything short of "round up all the n*****s and force them out of Oakland". Who do you think you're fooling?

And ROFL at you actually saying there's zero crime in Chinatown with a straight face.

Old 08-22-2012, 02:16 PM

13,717 posts, read 7,992,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
You're "sick of the PC nonsense" and yet you're too chicken**** to say what you really mean... Interesting. You've basically said everything short of "round up all the n*****s and force them out of Oakland". Who do you think you're fooling?

And ROFL at you actually saying there's zero crime in Chinatown with a straight face.

While I would agree it's ridiculous to suggest crime isn't prevalent in Chinatown I don't think the number of robberies, forced-entry burglaries, open-air drug dealing, purse snatching, vehicle thefts, ect close to what you'll find in the more dangerous areas of Oakland.

Last edited by john3232; 08-22-2012 at 03:31 PM..

Old 08-22-2012, 02:22 PM

How many murders in Chinatown versus Oakland? And I am pretty sure all the violent crimes in Chinatown are perpetrated by people from Oakland and not by Asians.

Old 08-22-2012, 02:26 PM

Quote:
How many murders in Chinatown versus Oakland? And I am pretty sure all the violent crimes in Chinatown are perpetrated by people from Oakland and not by Asians.

ROFL this guy's the gift that keeps on giving. What alternate universe do you live in? I'm not even going to bother entertaining such a stupid post.

And I love how you separate Asians and "people from Oakland" as opposed to saying "people from Chinatown". It says a whole lot about you.

Old 08-22-2012, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
While I would agree it's ridiculous to suggest crime isn't prevalent in Chinatown I don't think the number of robberies, forced-entry burglaries, open-air drug dealing, purse snatching, vehicle thefts, ect some close to what you'll find in the more dangerous areas of Oakland.

If anything, I'd expect the number for the bolded to be significantly higher in Chinatown given the much higher density than anywhere in Oakland. As far as drug dealing and burglaries go probably not.

Old 08-22-2012, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post

So do you have a solution to the never ending crime problem in cities like Oakland, Detroit, Camden, Philly, South Chicago, Trenton, Washington DC, Bronx, Compton etc.?

Old 08-22-2012, 03:45 PM

36,657 posts, read 67,519,268 times
Quote:
So do you have a solution to the never ending crime problem in cities like Oakland, Detroit, Camden, Philly, South Chicago, Trenton, Washington DC, Bronx, Compton etc.?
All of these cities have seen dramatic drops and climbs in their crime rates depending on the economic conditions.

None of these cities are as bad as they have been in the past.

So really you are totally unaware of what you speak of, perhaps succombing to the hysterical rantings and opinings of rightwing prejudices. Who knows but your way off base about the state of all of these cities.

Are they safe havens? Not generally speaking but none of them are trending downwards if we are looking back over the past decade or so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland