Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 08:12 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,652,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
That's a good argument against having women in political office.
Shouldn't you be over on the Politics forum whining about abortion? You're out of your element.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2013, 08:16 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,324,646 times
She's living proof that botox can and does seep into brain tissue.

Old 02-22-2013, 08:28 PM

1,331 posts, read 2,335,485 times
Hillary Clinton is by far more influential than Nancy Pelosi. If Hillary runs for president in 2016, i honestly think she has a huge chance in becoming the first female president of the United States.

Old 02-23-2013, 01:18 AM

10,351 posts, read 8,572,211 times
Wasn't there something about her preventing workers for star kist getting minimum wage raised to $5.15 to $7.25? Star kist's parent company is Del Monte which is in her district and a campaign contributer to her? Also doesn't her husband own 17 Million dollars of stock in this company? If this is true her own greed would triumph over poorly paid workers.

Old 02-23-2013, 01:51 AM

15,408 posts, read 6,198,794 times
You may want to check the following website: urbanlegends.about.com/od/nancypelosi/a/pelosi_starkist.htm. The people making the accusation are playing "fast and loose" with some of the key facts. If one has to ask "Wasn't there something?", it means they are uncertain and the issue should be fact checked. Hope that helps.

Old 02-23-2013, 04:06 AM

10,351 posts, read 8,572,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
You may want to check the following website: urbanlegends.about.com/od/nancypelosi/a/pelosi_starkist.htm. The people making the accusation are playing "fast and loose" with some of the key facts. If one has to ask "Wasn't there something?", it means they are uncertain and the issue should be fact checked. Hope that helps.
Isn't that was what I was trying to do?

Old 02-23-2013, 04:35 AM

14,129 posts, read 31,257,288 times
She's a lot better looking than my Congressman.

Old 02-23-2013, 04:39 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyyo View Post
Hillary Clinton is by far more influential than Nancy Pelosi. If Hillary runs for president in 2016, i honestly think she has a huge chance in becoming the first female president of the United States.
As much as I am not a Hillary supporter, of course she is more influentual than Nancy P. There are others as well. Nancy reminds me of an empty, bobbing head doll, but I will say one thing, I doubt she is really emply headed. No one gets to where she is by being dumb..insincere? for sure, programmed? probably but she isn't dumb!!! I will say, if I were still living in ca and had to choose between she and Diane F based on class, contributions to thier state and the country or based on any other positive issues, Diane would win hands down. There is a Democrat and a true lady, I could have supported for Pres.

Old 02-23-2013, 02:50 PM

1,152 posts, read 3,201,200 times
As someone who, when I lived in Virginia, qualified as a "moderate conservative" - here I probably qualify as a "right wing facist." That being said it is unsurprising I literally cannot stand the vast majority of our politicians here.

Pelosi, for the most part, is a blowhard and largely useless. That said - the same can be said of almost any member of the House, regardless of party affiliation .

Our senators - way too far left, especially the obsessive gun-grabber Feinstein.

All of those are nothing compared to our state politicians though. Tax, tax, tax, tax. That's all they know how to do. That and come up with totally nonsensical regulations that waste time and money and cause this to be the worst business climate in the nation.

Of course the voters are to blame. Jerry Brown's tax proposition was a prime example. States like Washington and Nevada and Texas manage to run just fine with NO income tax at all. States like Virginia are among the best run in the country at around 5%. Yet old Jerry comes out, says "9.7% isn't enough, revenue is the problem, think of the children!" Give me a break, we had some of the highest tax in the country BEFORE Jerry's increase, revenue is NOT the problem. Out of control public sector unions and a liberal give-away culture is. But no, the voters believed Jerry and gave him more of their money.

I understand some people are liberal and have different views. I can accept that. I can accept that I live in a liberal state so taxes will be relatively higher and freedom will be relatively lower. But at some point it changes from "liberal" to "flat stupid" and that's where we are now. When will voters stop giving the Government more money? 12% tax? 15%?

I have a buddy from Canada and his tax burden here, because of CA tax, is WORSE than Canada - and they have national health care.

Old 02-23-2013, 04:59 PM

3,038 posts, read 4,777,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legal_eagle View Post
Neither rises to Pelosi's stature politically. What did Hillary Clinton accomplish? Not much. Condoleeza Rice was pretty much just a neocon mouthpiece. Pelosi accomplished one of the cornerstone liberal goals, healthcare reform, and she has come closest to actually being president.
Passing Obamacare which a majority of Americans oppose is not something to be proud of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland