Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2013, 12:06 PM

61 posts, read 78,123 times

Advertisements

Hello SF!

On to the next leg of my MLB Stadium tour. How convenient is the SF rail system for getting to and from the airport?

Also, if I stayed at an airport hotel (they are cheaper), would the rail system be acceptable to get around town for the weekend?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited by jamespurdy2; 06-03-2013 at 12:07 PM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2013, 02:29 PM

3,722 posts, read 14,725,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamespurdy2 View Post
Hello SF!

On to the next leg of my MLB Stadium tour. How convenient is the SF rail system for getting to and from the airport?

Also, if I stayed at an airport hotel (they are cheaper), would the rail system be acceptable to get around town for the weekend?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!
Some airport hotels have free shuttles to the airport and the nearby BART station.

BART runs from the airport from about 4am to a little after midnight. Station List. From any of the 4 downtown subway stations in SF, you can go to the upper level of the subway station and ride the light rail (Muni Metro) for $2 to AT&T Park. The N & T lines stop in front of the ballpark at 2nd and King. Muni Metro Map | SFMTA. For sightseeing around town, you can get off either the light rail or BART at the Powell St station. The cable car terminus is above the subway station. There is a visitor center at the Powell St station and you can get maps and info. You can also buy a 1 or 3 day pass to ride all light rail, buses and cable cars in SF at a discount price (but not BART).

BART also stops near the Oakland Coliseum for A's games.

Old 06-03-2013, 03:34 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,095,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by humboldtrat View Post
BART also stops near the Oakland Coliseum for A's games.
I was going to say to the OP that if they're on an MLB tour and skip the Coliseum, they're doing themselves a disservice.

The Giants and A's is analogous to dating two very different women. One, AT&T Park, pretty on the outside, inevitably uses her attractive exterior to hide the fact that she has far less depth elsewhere. The Coliseum, a butterface that lacks the attractive body, is funny, intelligent, prideful, and will school you on NTN trivia. You might even pick the former for more dates in the onset, even as you struggle to find something real or intellectual about her, but more and more as time progresses, you realize that the depth and character of the latter, is in the end, even more attractive to you.

Oh, and BART will drop you off right next to the Coliseum. Since you're out of town, provided you're physically able, I'd walk from BART (Embarcadero) to AT&T Park. It'll take you about 15 minutes, but it's a nice walk. If you need to, you can take MUNI from the BART inside the same station.

Old 06-03-2013, 06:25 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,652,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parti Rhinocéros View Post
I was going to say to the OP that if they're on an MLB tour and skip the Coliseum, they're doing themselves a disservice.

The Giants and A's is analogous to dating two very different women. One, AT&T Park, pretty on the outside, inevitably uses her attractive exterior to hide the fact that she has far less depth elsewhere. The Coliseum, a butterface that lacks the attractive body, is funny, intelligent, prideful, and will school you on NTN trivia. You might even pick the former for more dates in the onset, even as you struggle to find something real or intellectual about her, but more and more as time progresses, you realize that the depth and character of the latter, is in the end, even more attractive to you.
Plus he'd miss out on Baseball's Most Entertaining Fans.

Old 06-04-2013, 09:49 AM

18,982 posts, read 32,663,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Plus he'd miss out on Baseball's Most Entertaining Fans.
What a great article. I've sat in the right field bleachers a few times and it really is an entertaining bunch there. They kind of epitomize the difference in fans compared to AT&T.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland