Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2007, 07:21 AM

4 posts, read 10,747 times

Advertisements

Hi, I'm relocating for grad school in January & looking to live in San Pablo area, specifically the Bella Vista Apartments or Summit at Hilltop. I was wondering if anyone could give me a heads up on those areas? I'm looking for a fairly surburban area that's pretty safe, and not too far from a bart station since I'll be commuting a few times a week into SF for class.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2007, 09:11 AM

77 posts, read 474,060 times
Why are you considering San Pablo? Has someone recommended the area to you? San Pablo and neighboring Richmond are not "fairly safe." You might consider Walnut Creek, Rockridge, Albany or El Cerrito. All are near BART stations and much safer and more desirable than San Pablo. Good luck with your search.

Old 11-29-2007, 09:57 AM

4 posts, read 10,747 times
Thanks for the quick response. Actually, someone that lived in the hilltop mall area did, and I liked the apartment complex. I had heard various responses that some parts were ok and I was just trying to figure out if this was one of them.

Old 04-11-2008, 01:56 PM

3 posts, read 12,291 times
Both of those complexes are filled with gang members. There are shootings and drug trafficking throughout that area. I suggest moving to Walnut Creek or any of those surrounding areas. I was born and raised in SP and went to college there many, many years ago. Hilltop mall is extremely dangerous. I moved completely out of CA and the bay area 5 years ago. Far away from family and friends, because I didn't want my son to be raised in such a horrible, unsafe place. My advice is to run! Run away from that area as quick as you can.

Old 11-09-2008, 02:13 PM

3 posts, read 7,581 times
I can tell who the sheltered "non-colored" individuals are....use to stereotyping predominantly "colored" areas based on media. How ignorant....Get out and experience real people. I am a single mother....living in Bella Vista....I have yet to see a gang member....just hard working people.

Old 11-11-2008, 12:15 PM

3 posts, read 12,291 times
onelove77 - I happen to be "colored", not "non-colored!" I'm also a single mother. My nephew was shot and killed in that area by a drive by shooter in 2003. I do not live a sheltered life, nor am I ignorant. I live in reality! Obviously, you're the one who is "sheltered." You're the one who needs to get out and experience real people. You haven't seen anything because you have your head in the sand. Try losing a cherished family member to gang violence, and then come back to me and tell me that I was wrong. Don't talk about things you have no idea about. I was born and raised in that area. I think I know more about it than the average person. Stop insulting people in which you do not know. Obviously, you are on the "Poor, poor misunderstood me, cuz I'm "colored"" pity pot. Get a life and get over yourself. That area has nothing to do with color. Funny how you thought it did!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland