Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 11:29 AM

2,850 posts, read 4,522,770 times

Advertisements

according to accuweather, the highest temp for healdsburg in june should be 97ish:

Healdsburg June Weather 2014 - AccuWeather Forecast for CA 95448
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2014, 08:33 AM

479 posts, read 431,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTY483 View Post
This is a bit off topic but is it normally this hot here? Weather.com has it as 106-107 all weekend!!
Cloverdale is hellish-hot! Healdsburg almost as hot. Low 100's often in the summer... but, the coast isn't far away. Couple hours.

Old 07-12-2014, 12:09 PM

23 posts, read 17,463 times
I've lived in Santa Rosa for a couple of years (before that I was in SF) and I'm bored out of my skull. I don't know about living further north but there is really nothing here, except a few restaurants and bars and you will soon want other things to do. And yes, it does get very hot in the summer and freezes in the winter.

Old 07-17-2014, 09:41 PM
zdg

845 posts, read 1,973,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geranium1066 View Post
I've lived in Santa Rosa for a couple of years (before that I was in SF) and I'm bored out of my skull. I don't know about living further north but there is really nothing here, except a few restaurants and bars and you will soon want other things to do. And yes, it does get very hot in the summer and freezes in the winter.
It freezes by a few degrees, in the middle of the night, in the dead of winter. Just to be clear, telling people "it freezes in the winter" makes it sound like that happens during a period in which people might be outside, which unless you're up all night, isn't the case at all.

Winter highs are usually in the upper 40s or low 50s. It never snows here and I could count the number of days we woke up with frost on our lawn on one hand.

If I weren't married with a kid and basically in bed by 10pm every night, I could see Santa Rosa being boring as well. For example, I wouldn't have moved here right out of college but I'm definitely thrilled we moved here in our late 30s.

I second Healdsburg by the way for OP's purpose. The JC area in Santa Rosa is walkable but it caters to broke junior college students. It's a cool part of town, but it's nothing like the Plaza area in Healdsburg or Sonoma.

Old 07-20-2014, 04:03 PM

15 posts, read 19,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geranium1066 View Post
I agree.

I've lived in Santa Rosa from 0-20, and still live here. It's not really the most interesting place but there are worse places in terms of excitement. After all, it is one hour away from SF, 4 hours from Lake Tahoe, and 30-40 minutes from Bodega Bay, so there are some great things not too far away.

However, Santa Rosa by itself is just a bland suburban city. It's not bad, but it's really just a city for retired people and families. However many parents now are moving out of SR due to the decreasing middle class and other factors.

Old 11-17-2014, 07:55 PM

2 posts, read 2,599 times
Default Debating moving to Santa Rosa

I am a 32 year old female. I am looking to move away from the Bay Area, I am barely staying afloat. Everything is so expensive out here. I am looking into moving to Santa Rosa. I want to live in an area where I can meet people, enjoy the outdoors and be able to comfortably pay my bills. Is Santa Rosa a nice place for youngish professionals?

Old 11-21-2014, 10:21 AM

2,850 posts, read 4,522,770 times
why not take a drive & explore the area? it's not that far from the bay.

yes santa rosa is a nice place for young professionals, but we'd be able to give you more info if you give us a little more info. like:

do you work from home?
plan to commute to your job in the city?
do you want to rent or purchase?
max amount you want to spend?

santa rosa has multiple suburbs that might work out better for you than focusing on santa rosa itself OR santa rosa might be the perfect place for you.

Old 08-12-2015, 11:55 AM

1 posts, read 768 times
My husband and I are looking to relocate from Aptos, in Santa Cruz county. We are a young 50&60, conservative liberals, who love the idea of living in a walkable community. We are looking for a climate that has less morning fog than the Aptos average of 5 days/ week. We enjoy both fine and casual dining, hiking,golf and nature's beauty. Is Santa Rosa for us?

Old 08-12-2015, 03:37 PM

251 posts, read 522,981 times
We relocated here from Encinitas a couple years ago. We very much like the Sonoma Mountain / Penngrove hills area. Homes on acreage, easy access to SR or Petaluma.

Very private & quiet...

Old 08-12-2015, 06:08 PM

209 posts, read 257,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by automobilist View Post
We relocated here from Encinitas a couple years ago. We very much like the Sonoma Mountain / Penngrove hills area. Homes on acreage, easy access to SR or Petaluma.

Very private & quiet...

My old shop foreman moved there with his family, seems to like the area, has a largish home in Penngrove!

He did see the 'Rocky Fire' on the horizon, if I am not mistaken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland