Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2014, 09:33 PM

3,530 posts, read 5,137,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post
How is SF superficial and snotty? Well, if there was a way you could google your own attitude, that would probably be a good place to start. :x
But you don't have any personal problem with me, right?

I simply respectfully asked you to elaborate on a statement you made, and you chose to attempt an insult instead--ironically aimed at my "attitude" I might add. The insult didn't land, by the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2014, 09:35 PM

Location: SF Bay Area, aka, Liberal Mecca/wherever DoD sends me to
713 posts, read 1,082,151 times
Quote:
Sf is more superficial/snotty than LA, on a whole. Most of LA is brown, working class, and very laidback.

If you disagree, it is no skin off my back.
lol. are you ****ting on me or what?

Old 09-14-2014, 09:42 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,164,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalparadise View Post

I simply respectfully asked you to elaborate on a statement you made, and you chose to attempt an insult instead--ironically aimed at my "attitude" I might add. The insult didn't land, by the way.
Your attitude does not affect my day to day life. So again, no problem here. Though I feel for who ever would have to deal with it at face value.. If you need any elaboration, go back and re read my posts for the day. Good day.

Old 09-14-2014, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
I am curious as to why a lot of my old college mates chose SF over LA, even though they found job offers in both cities. I chose Los Angeles and am loving it, but at the same I am wondering what I missed by not going north.

What is the appeal of San Francisco? What's it like is what I am really asking? For young professionals in their late 20s and 30s? Is it the tech scene? Is it like living in Manhattan or something? The nightlife and the cultural amenities.

I've only visited once and loved the city, but I was a tourist and stayed for the weekend. It's probably the most beautiful city I've ever seen. But besides the aesthetic appeal, what is San Fran like on the ground? I guess I picture tech giants and wannabes making deals, creative innovative people getting their ideas in to the marketplace and venture capitalists galore.

-more jobs in SF than LA
-jobs pay better
-temperatures are more stable
-people are more laid back
-less crime
-people aren't as superficial

Old 09-14-2014, 09:46 PM

6,416 posts, read 8,280,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcal dude View Post
your attitude does not affect my day to day life. but i'm going to post about it anyway. Good day.
ftfy

Old 09-14-2014, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalparadise View Post

idk what's up with that dude. In my experience (California native), LA is more snotty than SF and it has always been like that. One thing SF does have more than LA are weird rich liberals and ASIANS!!!!

Old 09-14-2014, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Your attitude does not affect my day to day life. So again, no problem here. Though I feel for who ever would have to deal with it at face value.. If you need any elaboration, go back and re read my posts for the day. Good day.
Again with the veiled insults? I'm simply asking you to elaborate if you can. Your earlier post mentioned $4.00 toast as an example of conspicuous consumption. How is that? Who sees someone ordering $4.00 toast? It's not a status symbol. Other than that you haven't posted anything other than failed attempts to get a rise out of me by being argumentative.

Old 09-14-2014, 09:54 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,164,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonez765 View Post
One thing SF does have more than LA are weird rich liberals and ASIANS!!!!
Probably a larger proportion of the gays too, in SF.

Old 09-14-2014, 09:59 PM

6,416 posts, read 8,280,262 times
There are plenty of 'the gays' down in SoCal too. Hillcrest, WeHo, Palm Springs, etc. For someone who loves LA and SoCal you sure sound ignorant. LOL

Old 09-14-2014, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Probably a larger proportion of the gays too, in SF.
SF is about 15% by most counts. I thought you celebrated non-food-truck-based diversity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland