Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 01:29 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,656,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clongirl View Post
Give it a rest already...sheesh.
Did my four posts with Montclair offend your City-Data senses or something?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2015, 01:53 PM

3,980 posts, read 8,988,712 times
Frankly, I wish all the folks that hate on the Bay Area or complain about it incessantly would move already. If it's not your cup of tea, then find a place that you do like. How many years to does one need to keep reading the same negative stuff from most of the same negative people that won't go back to their respective states? Move already or shut up about it.

Bay Area doesn't need any more masses of negative, unhappy, people that have the nerve to think that it's so terrible and not realize that many of our regions problems are caused by these blow-ins that keep on moving over for the bigger paycheck. Stay away, or move after your lease is up. Please.

...and anyone that complains about the food here has no idea what good food is since maybe they were raised on TGIFridays or Cracker Barrel. The Bay Area has some of the best food, and best choice in food in the world.

I wouldn't call it the best place in the world because I've not lived in every place in the world to compare, but it's HOME to me, I'm a proud native Californian and I have a very good quality of life here. It's not perfect by any means but I'm not gonna complain to strangers all the time to garner some fake support/camaraderie because it's a time waster and serves no good purpose to anyone at any time EVER.

Old 10-27-2015, 01:54 PM

3,980 posts, read 8,988,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
I'm not offended but it's very childish.

Old 10-27-2015, 01:57 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sav858
Haha "troll bait"? I was just pointing out something you didn't seem to grasp very well based on your lengthy, defensive response to likealady. Supposedly you do though....
No, I was simply putting likealady's comment into perspective. Thusfar your posts to me simply look like sour grapes and demonstrate extreme hypersensitivity, like an open wound.

Old 10-27-2015, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clongirl View Post
I'm not offended but it's very childish.
Ok City-Data police...

Old 10-27-2015, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
No, I was simply putting likealady's comment into perspective. Thusfar your posts to me simply look like sour grapes and demonstrate extreme hypersensitivity, like an open wound.
Sour grapes and hypersensitivity about what exactly? So I guess belittling likealady's opinion the way you did is putting things into "perspective" in your mind? LOL, that's rich.

Old 10-27-2015, 02:13 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times
Quote:
Sour grapes and hypersensitivity about what exactly? So I guess belittling likealady's opinion the way you did is putting things into "perspective" in your mind? LOL, that's rich.
Haha notice that you havent actually refuted a single thing I said to likealady, you just disliked the way I said it. And I didnt belittle anything, your hypersensitivity interpreted my post that way. Rich indeed.

Old 10-27-2015, 02:19 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,010,597 times
I think the bay area was probably one of the greatest places in the World back in the late 1940's. When anyone with a full time or two part time jobs could afford it.

I really do not think this whole neo Victorian era economy we have going on is a good thing.

Quote:
19th century Britain saw a huge population increase accompanied by rapid urbanisation stimulated by the Industrial Revolution. The large numbers of skilled and unskilled people looking for work kept wages down to a barely subsistence level. Available housing was scarce and expensive, resulting in overcrowding. These problems were magnified in London, where the population grew at record rates. Large houses were turned into flats and tenements, and as landlords failed to maintain these dwellings, slum housing developed
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victorian_era

Corporate tax evasion and corporate tax breaks need to go. Those making 60k or more need to be taxed 5-15% more. The tech industry gets the biggest tax breaks out of anyone. This needs to stop. I'm voting for Bernie! Tax Yuppies to the moon!

Old 10-27-2015, 02:20 PM

6,416 posts, read 8,277,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
But doesn't the Bay Area have more billionaires per capita than any other metro? That has to have a huge impact on your QOL.
I, personally, don't think a surplus of billionaires is a good thing. I don't hate the rich or anything, but I don't want to be surrounded by them and priced out of a middle-class lifestyle. I'm sure there are millions who live here that agree with me.

Old 10-27-2015, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Haha notice that you havent actually refuted a single thing I said to likealady, you just disliked the way I said it. And I didnt belittle anything, your hypersensitivity interpreted my post that way. Rich indeed.
Again, what exactly do I have sour grapes about? I'm curious.

I'm not interested in intensely refuting any of it like you did, it's such a subjective and personal opinion anyways so why bother. I guess you think you offered some sort of rational discourse in your response, which yes is very rich.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland