Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 12:14 PM

24,409 posts, read 26,980,377 times

Advertisements

Even if California voted for Trump, I still don't see why you would riot, but I'm especially dumbfounded as to why you would destroy your own city even though it voted in favor of what you believe in, any of you here care to explain the reasoning to me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2016, 08:35 PM

6,416 posts, read 8,282,608 times
Whatever reason is offered, you're just going to dismiss it, so why are you really even asking? If you actually cared why people are so upset, it wouldn't be so difficult to understand. But you don't, so this is just a waste of your time and anyone who bothers responding to you.

Last edited by 04kL4nD; 11-10-2016 at 08:45 PM..

Old 11-10-2016, 08:55 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,456,732 times
Well, people in Oakland riot just because - it's kind of their thing over there. It's their sport. You put a new menu out at BK and BAM - gotta vandalize a business or three!

IMO, you're kind of stupid if you're out there protesting Trump's victory. And I'm not a Trump fan and didn't vote for him. What exactly are you protesting...democracy? What are you advocating...a dictatorship? Much as we don't like him, the guy won fair and square by the rules. Part of the deal with being part of a democratic society is that elections have consequences.

Protest him once he actually does something bad. Right now no one even knows what he's going to do.

Old 11-10-2016, 09:25 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Even if California voted for Trump, I still don't see why you would riot, but I'm especially dumbfounded as to why you would destroy your own city even though it voted in favor of what you believe in, any of you here care to explain the reasoning to me?
IDK, OP. No one here was involved, I don't think...

Old 11-10-2016, 09:28 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,014,088 times
Seriously, the inner east bay is where people protest over anything. Occupy, BLM, the election.

I am a Sandernista, who was for Bernie. I am not a fan of Trump, but Hillary was a horrible candidate and only people in places like the Bay Area do not see this.

Keep in mind the Bay supported Clinton over Obama. They are obsessed with her.

Bernie and Jill Stein warned America that if Clinton was nominated she would lose. Her entire political career was not based on merit. It was based off her simply being married to Bill Clinton. Now she and her supporters can finally go to sleep. Go to bed, go cry, let Rachel Maddow tell you it will be ok. Hahahaha!!!!!

- Sincerely

A White, catholic, straight male, who RESPECTS our PRESIDENT ELECT. GET SOME!!!!!!

Old 11-10-2016, 09:30 PM

6,416 posts, read 8,282,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Well, people in Oakland riot just because - it's kind of their thing over there. It's their sport. You put a new menu out at BK and BAM - gotta vandalize a business or three!

IMO, you're kind of stupid if you're out there protesting Trump's victory. And I'm not a Trump fan and didn't vote for him. What exactly are you protesting...democracy? What are you advocating...a dictatorship? Much as we don't like him, the guy won fair and square by the rules. Part of the deal with being part of a democratic society is that elections have consequences.

Protest him once he actually does something bad. Right now no one even knows what he's going to do.
He lost the popular vote and the Electoral College is a joke that needs to be abolished, but you're right that he won they way the rules were laid out.

Old 11-10-2016, 09:32 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,641,414 times
The media controls people way of thinking.

Old 11-10-2016, 09:35 PM

44 posts, read 25,144 times
Because they are stupid. My wife is from California and even she will tell you. Most people from there are stupid. It's a part of the culture. Being a pseudo intellectual, and honestly believing you are tolerant when you are intolerant of every and any view that does not mirror your own views that you were brainwashed into believing in the first place.

It's a state that claims to be the most racially tolerant, progressive place in America yet the Aryan Brotherhood was established and created there, as were the Nazi Lowriders, and various racist black organizations. Multiple mayors of Los Angeles were leaders of the KKK, and the Lynwood police department was at one time a Klan meeting center, all the prisons are racially segregated. Something that doesn't exist in prisons anywhere else in America, even the south. For decades black men murdered each other for wearing different color clothes and many communist anti government organizations have roots there. Look where most serial killers are from and cults exist, California. The people have no real connection to reality and simply can't ever see anything for what it is. Stupid is as stupid does.

Old 11-10-2016, 09:42 PM

308 posts, read 467,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MulletMan View Post
Because they are stupid. My wife is from California and even she will tell you. Most people from there are stupid. It's a part of the culture. Being a pseudo intellectual, and honestly believing you are tolerant when you are intolerant of every and any view that does not mirror your own views that you were brainwashed into believing in the first place.
Yeah, California, the home to innovation and leads in venture capital, entrepreneurship and has many of the world's leading companies based here - and you say 'people here are mostly stupid'. Now who is the stupid one exactly?

Why do people protest? They are letting out frustration at a clearly broken political system on so many levels. Frankly, it's a healthy outlet. Far better than those who let it build up and explode, taking out others as they go- which we see far to often. They protest because they care. That is a good thing in case you don't recognize that fact.

Last edited by kgbnsf; 11-10-2016 at 09:54 PM..

Old 11-10-2016, 09:47 PM

375 posts, read 609,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
It's just another opportunity to go shopping for the holiday season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland