Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2017, 01:01 AM

21 posts, read 21,348 times

Advertisements

Hi friends,
I am looking for good priced hotels for my trip to san fransisco.
The hotels in there, especially downtown, are son expensive.
But, if ı can find a hotel which is 20 minutes far from downtown, it is ok.
Because I have already rented a car for my trip so that ı can reach downtown area.
I do not want to spend so much money hotel, I want to spend money for activities in downtown.
Thank you for your interest from now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2017, 01:36 PM

3,722 posts, read 14,725,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bromista View Post
Hi friends,
Because I have already rented a car for my trip so that ı can reach downtown area.
I do not want to spend so much money hotel, I want to spend money for activities in downtown.
All the hotels downtown are expensive. You really don't need a rental car as you will never find a place to park it. Best to stay south of SF on the peninsula or in the East Bay and take BART to get into SF (about 20-30 minutes) and then MUNI light rail or a cable car to get around SF. It's not that hard to figure out.

Old 02-24-2017, 03:15 PM

24,408 posts, read 26,964,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bromista View Post
Hi friends,
All of these hotels have free parking and are considered mid-range for SF.

Cow Hollow Inn, San Francisco - Sister Properties

Old 02-24-2017, 05:21 PM

3,722 posts, read 14,725,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
All of these hotels have free parking and are considered mid-range for SF
But where is the OP going to park when he goes downtown and to other tourist places? He can save money by losing the rental car and getting around on Muni.

Old 02-24-2017, 05:26 PM

24,408 posts, read 26,964,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by humboldtrat View Post
But where is the OP going to park when he goes downtown and to other tourist places? He can save money by losing the rental car and getting around on Muni.
I assume the OP can't cancel the reservation, if he can then he would be better off because all the parking fees would add up more than the savings of staying out of San Francisco, even SFO hotels are expensive. Assuming the OP can't cancel the rental, then the hotels I listed would be best and when he goes to downtown just bus or uber.

Old 02-27-2017, 02:22 PM

213 posts, read 252,592 times
Getting around on Muni... oh you're so funny. There's a reason Muni is slower than walking (average speed of 8mph).

OP, get a car and a hotel.

Old 02-27-2017, 03:08 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,912,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maceart View Post
Getting around on Muni... oh you're so funny. There's a reason Muni is slower than walking (average speed of 8mph).

OP, get a car and a hotel.
You can walk faster than 8 mph? Woah!

Old 02-27-2017, 03:32 PM

711 posts, read 688,676 times
I'm not sure the OP is going to be saving much $$ by finding a less expensive hotel even if it does include parking. By the time he's paid for the rental and paid the parking fees downtown it may be a wash - particularly if you park at a couple different garages during the course of a day. That doesn't even include the hassle of actually negotiating the traffic and finding a place to park. Plus, to me if you're spending your time watching street signs and looking for parking, you're not able to people watch or sightsee. OP hasn't mentioned what parts of SF he wants to visit.

If the OP wants a rental car to go to places outside SF that makes it a different proposition though.

Old 02-27-2017, 03:42 PM

251 posts, read 311,706 times
I always stay at a motel on Lombard...the America's Best Value Inn, although it's closed for renovation and I don't know when it's gonna reopen. There are also others in that area that are cheap. I love that area because it's close the the bus lines. You can also walk over to the best place to eat in town - The Marina Deli. Other cool places are within easy walking range. If anyone knows when the Value Inn is going to reopen, or if something else is going to be in its place please let me know....thx

Old 03-01-2017, 11:25 AM

9,519 posts, read 14,748,538 times
He should stay at the Royal Pacific on Broadway and skip the rental car . Can't believe anyone is advising him to drive/park in the City.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland