Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2017, 05:50 PM

263 posts, read 438,116 times

Advertisements

DPRK doesn't really want to hit the SF Bay area. Kim Jun Un views the 'progressives' as his allies in the war against the USA, doing more damage each year than his own military could do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2017, 06:11 PM

1,318 posts, read 3,555,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg10556 View Post
I'm not an expert when it comes to bombs, nukes, etc... But I have a feeling if this happened, SF wouldn't be the only area "leveled". Chances are Oakland gets flattened too
Honestly I wouldn't really think so. If it were a US or Russian made missile or bomb sure, I wouldn't be shocked about it flattening out to the airport. But first of all I'm not that concerned about it, it looks all fake, like a cheap 1980s movie, simple propaganda. I doubt they have the capability to reach the US, Japan, Korea or China, sure, but not the US. Second they probably don't make 20Megaton bombs like the US or Russia. Their last test was estimated to be a 20-30kt range, serious sure, but it is like the Nagasaki nuclear bomb. It will devastate those near the center.

The fireball radius of that is (0.13 to 0.15 mi), major devastation if put in the financial district, but not enough to even flatten SF.

Sure the crazy North Koreans may be working on a Mt bomb or stronger, but at least we have some time.

Old 05-07-2017, 06:17 PM

1,318 posts, read 3,555,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgbnsf View Post
Because it's *that* good here and everybody knows it.

Joking aside, for all the bashing that SF, Oakland and other Bay Area communities get, if it was actually anchored in reality, you would see much lower real estate prices. Real estate is high for a reason, here. Without demand, prices would evaporate. People like what this area, and California in general, offers. Politics included, as much as those on the right hate to admit. For now, some on the right will have to suffice with the hopes that North Korea will destroy the millions that live here so as to further their cause.
That depends on what they do and where. If the destroyed the financial district and SoMA in SF that would be almost 500k jobs gone, with much less housing than that destroyed. Prices would fall a lot. Much worse if it happens during the workday for obvious reasons.

If they destroyed a residential neighborhood in a way that is much cleaner, during a workday, that will lead to a major housing shortage and the system will be overwhelmed.

The earthquake in Christchurch a few years ago has left a lingering housing shortage that has made the rental market very tight.

But people may move out of the area all together for a bombing, I think an earthquake they will feel the need to rebuild.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland