Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2017, 06:31 PM

2,096 posts, read 2,327,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Can we talk about the stadium?...
Never, this is the Bay Area forum, stuff never stays on topic, and arguments follow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2017, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Can we talk about the stadium?...
On a serious note..

I would say Howard Terminal would get my vote. Being close to Jack London Square, restaurants, bars, etc...is always a plus. Being more of a "downtown" stadium would also be good in my opinion, I think it would draw more interest from people and more would be willing to go because of this

Old 05-11-2017, 06:57 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,912,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg10556 View Post
On a serious note..

I would say Howard Terminal would get my vote. Being close to Jack London Square, restaurants, bars, etc...is always a plus. Being more of a "downtown" stadium would also be good in my opinion, I think it would draw more interest from people and more would be willing to go because of this
I really like Howard Terminal myself...but I agree with Sav's point about it being rather far from BART. If only BART was closer to JLS...

Old 05-11-2017, 07:01 PM

Quote:
I really like Howard Terminal myself...but I agree with Sav's point about it being rather far from BART. If only BART was closer to JLS...
While BART is definitely key to some for transportation, it could eliminate some of the lingering homeless & problem causing types that are around BART, especially for an evening/night game.

Old 05-11-2017, 07:06 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,663,382 times
Quote:
If I'm corrected and given correct knowledge, it's more than welcome. As I can admit I don't know everything "Bay Area".

Is it not known that when a team is in a "downfall" or "rebuilding", typically fan support will drop one way or another, thus causing not as much money being spent on that specific team?

Let's switch to another team/sport, like the Jacksonville Jaguars. Similar situation, they're terrible, terrible stadium, etc... They won't build a new one, because the support isn't there, mainly because they're terrible and people have given up for the time being
If you say so, sure didn't seem like it.

Either way it's cyclical. So even if the A's were the best team in baseball right now doesn't mean they will when/if a new stadium opens 5+ years down the road. That's why I thought it was such an irrelevant point to bring up.

The Giants drew even worse than the A's before they got a new stadium. The A's won't be drawing 40K a game with a new stadium which is why it probably won't be built with more than 35K capacity. But it can at least draw mid-20Kish to make a new stadium viable.

Quote:
Never, this is the Bay Area forum, stuff never stays on topic, and arguments follow
I hope you realize you are the reason this thread got off topic. Every post until yours was actually discussing the sites laid out in the OP.

Old 05-11-2017, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
If you say so, sure didn't seem like it.

Either way it's cyclical. So even if the A's were the best team in baseball right now doesn't mean they will when/if a new stadium opens 5+ years down the road. That's why I thought it was such an irrelevant point to bring up.

The Giants drew even worse than the A's before they got a new stadium. The A's won't be drawing 40K a game with a new stadium which is why it probably won't be built with more than 35K capacity. But it can at least draw mid-20Kish to make a new stadium viable.

I hope you realize you are the reason this thread got off topic. Every post until yours was actually discussing the sites laid out in the OP.
And now that's it's back on topic, and I have given an "official" location opinion, you're getting it back off topic by trying to further the arguement.

So let's agree to disagree

Old 05-11-2017, 07:22 PM

Quote:
And now that's it's back on topic, and I have given an "official" location opinion, you're getting it back off topic by trying to further the arguement.

So let's agree to disagree
I was simply responding to your last reply to me. Maybe next time you should try staying on topic to begin with and we wouldn't even be having the conversation

Old 05-11-2017, 07:24 PM

Quote:
I was simply responding to your last reply to me. Maybe next time you should try staying on topic to begin with and we wouldn't even be having the conversation
You didn't have to respond to the original post...

Okay okay I'm done

Old 05-11-2017, 07:34 PM

Quote:
You didn't have to respond to the original post...

Okay okay I'm done
and you didn't need to respond to my last post...

Old 05-11-2017, 07:35 PM

Quote:
and you didn't need to respond to my last post...
Or this one...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland