Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2018, 03:28 AM

154 posts, read 176,907 times

Advertisements

I am buying a new Honda and am dismayed by the small size of the service department waiting and sales show rooms compared to Toyota. No laptop work stations, no free coffee, no popcorn, small, no fireplace, etc. I almost want to buy a Toyota again. Does anyone have an recommendations for the Bay Area (or the Sacramento area)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2018, 10:04 AM

3,472 posts, read 5,263,802 times
Fireplace?? That's a new one for me!

Old 03-11-2018, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstieber View Post
Fireplace?? That's a new one for me!
The Toyota dealer in Carson City has a fireplace!

Last edited by mileena202; 03-11-2018 at 10:35 AM..

Old 03-11-2018, 10:31 AM

28,115 posts, read 63,680,034 times
I would imagine change is inevitable.

The last new Honda in the family had none of the above as it was all under construction for remodel at the time... but the price couldn't be beat so they got the business.

When I bought my last new car there were all kinds of things promised... plus they had a great waiting room, free shuttle, 1 hour express lube, internet, coffee... now it is free wifi and that is it.

The express lube was great as the Dealer is out of my way... the last time I wanted the oil service it required a making an appointment 5 days out with a 4 hour window... I did it myself... still trying to get the airbag recall done!

The Honda needed new run flat tires so my sister in law called Honda to make a service appointment for tires and A/C service... when she picked up the car the tires were $200 more than quoted... the Service Department said sorry... the price went up March 1 and she was quoted February 28 and there was nothing that could be done... collectively, they have bought 5 new Honda cars.

All I can say is business is very good in the Greater Bay Area... so they don't have to try as hard...

Old 03-11-2018, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
I would imagine change is inevitable.

The last new Honda in the family had none of the above as it was all under construction for remodel at the time... but the price couldn't be beat so they got the business.

When I bought my last new car there were all kinds of things promised... plus they had a great waiting room, free shuttle, 1 hour express lube, internet, coffee... now it is free wifi and that is it.

The express lube was great as the Dealer is out of my way... the last time I wanted the oil service it required a making an appointment 5 days out with a 4 hour window... I did it myself... still trying to get the airbag recall done!

The Honda needed new run flat tires so my sister in law called Honda to make a service appointment for tires and A/C service... when she picked up the car the tires were $200 more than quoted... the Service Department said sorry... the price went up March 1 and she was quoted February 28 and there was nothing that could be done... collectively, they have bought 5 new Honda cars.

All I can say is business is very good in the Greater Bay Area... so they don't have to try as hard...
You are right Ultrarunner: they don't have to try hard. That's too bad, since I usually enjoyed taking my Toyota to the dealer in the Bay Area and enjoying all their amenities (except for the high price usually! But I had coupons quite often). Almost makes me want to buy Toyota again and not Honda, but their deal is so good for a new car. It so many more features than the Toyota at the same trim level.

Old 03-11-2018, 11:04 AM

The good news is there are lots of Honda Dealers and car Dealers in general in the 9 Bay Area counties...

At one time the Bay Area had 5 BMW Dealers and all of Oregon had just one and that was in Portland area.

I have always liked Carson City... there was a time when we would get car buyers from Carson City/Tahoe in the Bay Area... back in the 50's and 60's... later they went to Sacramento.

In Placerville there was a "GM" Dealer that handled the entire line or nearly the entire line... those were the days.

Now with all the Housing places like Eldorado Hills have boast nearly 180k household incomes.

Old 03-11-2018, 11:21 AM

I agree Ultrarunner! Yes I wish I could afford to live there! That is why I moved to Nevada (the high housing costs), but I still go to Californnia once a month for a week or so.

I used to drive a Chevy Cavalier back in the day. GM had makes such as Pontiac, Oldsmobile, Saturn, and Geo. Those were the days indeed.

As for the Bay Area, I have been to many Toyota dealers for service, such as Hanlees Hilltop Toyota in Richmond, Walnut Creek Toyota, Toyota Marin, Hansel Toyota in Petaluma, Concord Toyota, and also Elk Grove Toyota near Sacramento. They were all pretty good. I will have to investigate which Honda dealer is the best if I buy their car.

Old 03-11-2018, 02:02 PM

Information is dated... but Walnut Creek does a lot of business and I believe service is open 7 days...

The best deal on a hard to get model at the time was in Bakersfield... they could not have been nicer... the Bay Area dealers were all over Sticker for the top of the line Odyssey... the Bakersfield Dealer said he was concerned how he was going to sell a nearly 50k sticker Honda...

Drive a little Save a Lot???

Old 03-11-2018, 03:39 PM

I am going to check them out! Thank you for the tip!

-----------

EDIT: Just checked...Barber Honda in Bakersfield does not have any Odyssey EX's in stock. :-(

Old 03-12-2018, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mileena202 View Post
I am going to check them out! Thank you for the tip!

-----------

EDIT: Just checked...Barber Honda in Bakersfield does not have any Odyssey EX's in stock. :-(
This is why they were really happy to make the deal on the Touring... they said they had to take one but little demand...

Barber was significantly less expensive at the time compared to any Bay Area Dealer on this model.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland