Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2021, 02:57 PM

17 posts, read 15,477 times

Advertisements

I do not understand how anyone thinks lying, being a hypocrite, and/or hating, deserves respect. Do these people not know what these words mean? Can they not see themselves as others see them? Do they respect liars, hypocrites, and haters themselves?

Why would anyone blame an entire race of people for where they stand? How is it even possible for that to happen? By blaming anyone for who you are, you are completely avoiding all responsibility for your choices.
That way of believing, automatically stops progression forward. People who carry hate around with them, are not likely to attract positive results. This is human nature, it's the way things work, it has nothing at all to do with race. Who you hang out with, who you trust, and how you treat other people, plays a huge part in how you are judged. We ALL judge each other, let's not pretend we don't.

Recently, my 89 year old Mother and took a walk in our neighborhood. We live in a fairly nice neighborhood in North Oakland. Two men were talk/arguing outside their apartment. One saw my Mom and I, and quickly apologized for his language. I didn't hear what they were saying, but I loved that he thought about us and cared that we might be offended. I said "Thank you, it's all good!" Then, a woman yelled "What the he** you doin talking to them white women!" The two men quickly went inside. Wow. Can't be more racist or ugly if you tried.

Twice before this, this year, I've been talked down to by black people. I wanted to ask that woman what her problem was. Blatant racism disgusts me. NOBODY I know would EVER scold someone for talking to someone of any race. Haters believe they are justified to hate, and somehow it's ok for them to hate. Hate me all you want, but DO NOT EVER expect anything good in return. I do not, and never will, support haters. I will not support ANYONE who promotes racism, supports liars and hypocrites, or who thinks they deserve respect without being respectful - yes, you do need to respect others when you want something from them. Sitting in your car at 3 am blasting the stereo, and openly selling dope so everyone sees it, is NOT being respectful.

Putting a RACE above another, favoring a race, and giving a race preference, IS RACIST. Who you are, the past, and what you think is not fair, does not make hate ok. If you're wanting to be hated, be racist. The fact that our government is backing hate, should scare the heck out of everybody, because it goes directly against everything we are. Nobody will win this war.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2021, 02:05 AM

580 posts, read 514,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DumbISayNot View Post
I do not understand how anyone thinks lying, being a hypocrite, and/or hating, deserves respect. Do these people not know what these words mean? Can they not see themselves as others see them? Do they respect liars, hypocrites, and haters themselves?

Why would anyone blame an entire race of people for where they stand? How is it even possible for that to happen? By blaming anyone for who you are, you are completely avoiding all responsibility for your choices.
That way of believing, automatically stops progression forward. People who carry hate around with them, are not likely to attract positive results. This is human nature, it's the way things work, it has nothing at all to do with race. Who you hang out with, who you trust, and how you treat other people, plays a huge part in how you are judged. We ALL judge each other, let's not pretend we don't.

Recently, my 89 year old Mother and took a walk in our neighborhood. We live in a fairly nice neighborhood in North Oakland. Two men were talk/arguing outside their apartment. One saw my Mom and I, and quickly apologized for his language. I didn't hear what they were saying, but I loved that he thought about us and cared that we might be offended. I said "Thank you, it's all good!" Then, a woman yelled "What the he** you doin talking to them white women!" The two men quickly went inside. Wow. Can't be more racist or ugly if you tried.

Twice before this, this year, I've been talked down to by black people. I wanted to ask that woman what her problem was. Blatant racism disgusts me. NOBODY I know would EVER scold someone for talking to someone of any race. Haters believe they are justified to hate, and somehow it's ok for them to hate. Hate me all you want, but DO NOT EVER expect anything good in return. I do not, and never will, support haters. I will not support ANYONE who promotes racism, supports liars and hypocrites, or who thinks they deserve respect without being respectful - yes, you do need to respect others when you want something from them. Sitting in your car at 3 am blasting the stereo, and openly selling dope so everyone sees it, is NOT being respectful.

Putting a RACE above another, favoring a race, and giving a race preference, IS RACIST. Who you are, the past, and what you think is not fair, does not make hate ok. If you're wanting to be hated, be racist. The fact that our government is backing hate, should scare the heck out of everybody, because it goes directly against everything we are. Nobody will win this war.
Maybe dude has a history of flirting with white women, and his old lady put him in check. I think you are reading waaaaaaaaaaaay to much into that encounter. You seem like one of those people that wants to be a victim of racism for the novelty, but you can't really muster something hardcore and this is the best you can do. It's not like some black cop stop and frisked you and your mom for no reason other than he doesn't like the way you looked.

Old 10-24-2021, 09:47 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
What part of north Oakland?

Old 10-24-2021, 12:13 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,983,158 times
Quote:

It is the new norm and it is in every city. Get used to it.

Old 10-24-2021, 03:33 PM

106 posts, read 235,841 times
Quote:
Do these people not know what these words mean?
Quote:
Sitting in your car at 3 am blasting the stereo, and openly selling dope so everyone sees it, is NOT being respectful.

Hmmm.. "these people" and relating a conversation between being scoled by some old old lady with "blasting the radio at 3 AM" and "openly selling dope". Nope, no racism going on here...

Quote:
I will not support ANYONE who promotes racism, supports liars and hypocrites, or who thinks they deserve respect without being respectful
Should look in the mirror OP. Sounds like "these people" aren't really interested in your respect, likely for similar reasons as you list.

Old 10-24-2021, 10:37 PM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_holt View Post
Hmmm.. "these people" and relating a conversation between being scoled by some old old lady with "blasting the radio at 3 AM" and "openly selling dope". Nope, no racism going on here...
Are you saying we should all tolerate this behavior, or if people are in a minority group, we just are okay with it? Why is it race? Why can't we expect law abiding people in a civilized society?

Oh, right everyone is all of a sudden racist even though we elected a black president with a country of over 72% white people. I suggest you study numbers and also learn to respect people more.

Good luck.

Old 10-25-2021, 01:10 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Are you saying we should all tolerate this behavior, or if people are in a minority group, we just are okay with it? Why is it race? Why can't we expect law abiding people in a civilized society?

Oh, right everyone is all of a sudden racist even though we elected a black president with a country of over 72% white people. I suggest you study numbers and also learn to respect people more.

Good luck.
The country also elected a birther to the Presidency.

Old 10-25-2021, 09:27 AM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
The country also elected a birther to the Presidency.
I don't buy into that as it is too silly.

I just feel people are running on emotion instead of looking at reality and numbers. I also think some people got pretty riled up with how the Democratic Party used race as a platform to get Biden elected. Shame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
View detailed profiles of: