Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 08:20 PM

1,054 posts, read 2,156,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by baybook View Post
East Oakland born and raised. No children out of wedlock, happily married to my first and only husband. Love it when police officer are doing their job. Don't do stupid stuff - never been arrested or in jail(nor have any of my relatives). Don't do drugs. Family of UC grads with multiple degrees. Based on your post, I'm better educated than you. Oh yeah... did I say that I'm from East Oakland.
Sorry to say it but if those things are true your pretty much the exception to the rule.

If you say your say your only lieing to yourself. Most of us know better lol.

Old 09-22-2009, 09:44 PM

2,340 posts, read 4,631,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayDude View Post

If you say your say your only lieing to yourself. Most of us know better lol.
The grammer I learned in East Oakland didn't cover this. What was this supposed to say???? I can't figure it out.

And as far as being an exception, I am not. Most of the kids I grew up with and went t school with came from two parent families. If anyone had parents that were not professionals or working class, I can't remember it. Did I mention we're all from East Oakland?? Most of us went to a 2 or 4 year college right after highschool graduation. ALL of of my elementary and middle school class graduated from high school. I believe that 2 people from my middle school clss had children out of wedlock. I think one is a lesbian and the other was in her mid 30's and made the choice to have a child. I don't know anyone that I went to school with that has gone to jail. Oh... my bad. I do know of one - from my high school.

I know you will dismiss what I'm saying or think I'm making it up. I really couldn't care less. I don't know why you get off by making endless comments about Oakland's problems. Ultimately, that's your issue, not mine.

Oakland is not Mayberry USA. I don't think anyone that lives there believes that it is. Oakland is also NOT Detroit, 3rd Ward, or Compton circa 1985 either. There are no segregated neighborhoods in Oakland like thre are in LA. Everyone in the city is not a criminal, gang member, or menance to society. You offend all of us with your endless, unfounded insults. WHY?

Oh yeah. Did I mention I was born and raised and educated in East Oakland???

Old 09-22-2009, 10:20 PM

1,054 posts, read 2,156,437 times
Quote:
The grammer I learned in East Oakland didn't cover this. What was this supposed to say???? I can't figure it out.
Everybody makes typo's. But some people make cheap, petty comments even after realizing an error. Are you desperate?

Quote:
And as far as being an exception, I am not. Most of the kids I grew up with and went t school with came from two parent families. If anyone had parents that were not professionals or working class, I can't remember it.
Questions is, how long was the time since you've graduated from high school in comparison to today?

Much the Black community has been steadily degenerating morally for the last 40 years. It was a gradual process and not overnight. You might have lived during a time where families were still relatively stable.

Old 09-22-2009, 10:21 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Closed for review...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland