Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2021, 11:16 AM

28 posts, read 29,348 times

Advertisements

We are moving from NJ and looking to buy a house in Milpitas . Please share areas to look at and areas to avoid ? We like a house at Great House Street.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2021, 04:28 PM

2,406 posts, read 6,037,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmago View Post
We are moving from NJ and looking to buy a house in Milpitas . Please share areas to look at and areas to avoid ? We like a house at Great House Street.

I'm not sure where Great House St. is...it doesn't show up in Google Maps.

Milpitas' biggest negative is its proximity to the landfill off Dixon Landing Rd. which can bring nasty odors to certain areas of town. When the odor is present, it's mostly limited to the northwestern part of town. Neighborhoods east of Milpitas Blvd. almost never get the smell.

There are some older/dumpier parts of town that aren't so attractive but overall it's a newer city and most neighborhoods and public areas are well-kept. Schools are pretty good and crime is low. Generally the north eastern part of town close to I-680 and up toward the hills has the nicest neighborhoods. The neighborhoods in the hills are actually very nice, with a couple upscale gated communities.

If you have other specific questions, feel free to ask. I know Milpitas very well. I'm curious as to why you're moving all the way from NJ without renting first to get a feel for the area. Milpitas may be a good fit for you, but you don't seem to know anything about it, so it seems strange to already be set on buying a house there.

Old 03-22-2021, 12:02 PM

2,406 posts, read 6,037,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractal Man View Post
Any area with large amount of Latinos (as in Mexicans, Central Americans), Blacks, Vietnamese,Filipinos, lower class Whites, and Middle Easterners will have large amount of crime and gang activity.

Just a fact, if you can't accept it, tough. Note: Chinese/Koreans can also be involved in shady activity, especially if it's related to organized crime.

Based on my observation, the Hindus tend to be the most peaceful and law abiding.

I'm not sure what the point of this racist post is but it's very evident that you're completely ignorant about the demographics of Milpitas. They racial makeup is nothing like what you just indicated and actually Milpitas has very little gang activity. I grew up there and my parents have lived in the same house for over 40 years. Don't offer input if you don't know what you're talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose