Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2014, 04:51 AM

207 posts, read 257,433 times

Advertisements

Can anyone please let me know if there are any apartment communities providing 1bed apartments around 1500$ withing 10-15 miles from Tasman-zanker interestion. I am fine with going to nearby places like fremont, milpitas, saratoga, alum rock, sunnyvale etc.

I am looking for:

1bhk (bed,bath,kitchen)
1car parking
no hidden charges etc.
low crime/safe area
any income cutoffs applicable..
good service/maintenance and professional behavior from leasing center

On apartment.com I found

1.Atrium Garden.. has anyone stayed there ? any reviews ? i see it does not have kitchen
2.summer wind apartments
3. colonnade apatments
4.thornbridge apartments
5.turn leaf apartments (saw bad reviews)
6.anton la moraga
kindly let me know reviews. has anyone stayed / know of these apartments. better to know before signing up lease
any other suggestions welcomed..
Thanks a lot!

Best,
Jon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2014, 02:15 AM

could anyone please comment on whether Ohlone Chynoweth Commons is a good apartment community.
5300 Terner Way San Jose, CA 95136
Based on the address above, is it low crime zone.
Thanks in advance.

Old 07-21-2014, 04:06 PM

2,546 posts, read 2,465,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonlovet View Post
could anyone please comment on whether Ohlone Chynoweth Commons is a good apartment community.
5300 Terner Way San Jose, CA 95136
Based on the address above, is it low crime zone.
Thanks in advance.
I've never read great things about it. Some of it's been pretty negative, actually. Plus, the commute to Tasman must be terrible; LRT requires a transfer, 87 by car is overwhelmed.

That said, Almaden park is right there, so there's that. Great trails.

Old 07-21-2014, 04:49 PM

1,318 posts, read 3,555,297 times
LRT shouldn't require a transfer, LRT is slow, especially north of downtown, but to Zanker it should be a 1 seat ride, what tool is saying he/she would have to transfer?
Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority

Either way it looks to be about 40 minutes, the part on 87 would be fast.

Old 07-21-2014, 04:54 PM

1,696 posts, read 2,861,956 times
There are no transfer from Ohlone-Chynoweth to Tasman/Zanker. Done it before for months. It takes roughly 50 minutes. The beautiful thing about it is Ohlone-Chynoweth is located RIGHT NEXT to the LRT station, there are no "last mile" issue.

Ohlone-Chynoweth also has one of the best African restaurants in the Bay Area--Jubba. It's almost like my "family restaurant" LOL.

And darkeconomist is correct about the trails--Almaden Lake trail + Alamitos Creek trail. About 5 miles, with a beautiful lake. Ohlone-Chynoweth is also within walking distance to Oakridge Mall, so it's extremely convenient for general shopping/eating out.

IMO, one of the best transit-oriented development in San Jose. I don't know about the actual quality of the complex, but geographic-wise, it's one of the best.

Old 07-21-2014, 04:55 PM

1,696 posts, read 2,861,956 times
Ohlone-Chynoweth is also very low crime zone.

Old 07-21-2014, 11:11 PM

7,688 posts, read 29,159,353 times
I rode the LRT into downtown for years, and the Ohlone-Chynoweth station was always mobbed with college students going downtown to SJSU. Part of it was that it's a popular park-and-ride spot near a freeway intersection, but the apartment building itself seems to cater to that crowd. It could be different now that they have the Campus Village on-site.

I can't speak highly enough about the area, though. So convenient. Everything you could possibly want or need is nearby, and you are within day-trip range of dozens of interesting places.

Old 07-22-2014, 12:15 PM

574 posts, read 697,117 times
I've lived in Atrium Gardens (first place in your post) for a year and a half. This place is the best deal in the Valley, hands down. They're not paying me to say this, I just do regular research to try to find better deals and have yet to find one that matches Atrium. Living expenses are ridiculous in this area, and you can save a lot by downsizing.

What you get:
- 250-sq ft. studio - includes bathroom and 1 main room with kitchen/desk/ bed
-Fully furnished, though you can ask them to take things out.
- $1,000/month, all utilities included for 1-year lease (yes, you can run the AC or shower as much as you want). Only month expense is internet (or cable if you want it).
- optional parking is $50/month - I park on the street
- Kitchen - includes a countertop burner, microwave, and toaster oven (no full oven), as well as mini-fridge/freezer. However, a community kitchen is also available, which I have used, which includes a full oven and is rarely occupied.
-Security - you need to pass through at least 4 doors (using your card key) to get to your room. -The area is relatively safe, and close to Japantown/SJ downtown
-the facility is well-maintained, and the staff is very friendly and makes all repairs quickly.

Yes, it's not a luxury apartment, but at the price, it's unbeatable. Only issue is there might still be a waitlist - the place is very popular. However, the best way to get an apartment is to come in, and I can even give you a referral if you're a decent person. :-)

Old 07-22-2014, 03:18 PM

2,546 posts, read 2,465,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinal2007 View Post
LRT shouldn't require a transfer, LRT is slow, especially north of downtown, but to Zanker it should be a 1 seat ride, what tool is saying he/she would have to transfer?
Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority

Either way it looks to be about 40 minutes, the part on 87 would be fast.
You're right, I was wrong. I was thinking of the Almaden spur.

Old 07-24-2014, 02:51 AM

Hi Recentgrad,
Thanks a lot for atrium garden reviews. Could you please let me know if there is a good number of asian/indian population. is there any income cutoff etc to stay there ?
I would be staying there after I get married .. may be from Jan 2015

THanks..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose