Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2017, 01:27 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,011,395 times

Advertisements

Went to college at UCSC. Worked for the local government there.

Outside of the University community, the people there are not nearly as liberal as they let on.

A white nazi owning a chinese joint, only in Santa Cruz.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2017, 09:15 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,505,733 times
Communism is not based on hate. It is not the flip side of the KKK.

But, as a wise man once said to me, "You can't reason with unreasonable people."

Old 12-30-2017, 10:39 AM

61 posts, read 87,094 times
I doubt it was that simple. Could have been the food and service were lousy. Could have been the guy donated to causes that hurt the community. Could have been he was trying to irritate people on purpose. Could be the community is better off without him. Let him open up again in Alabama.

Old 12-30-2017, 05:23 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
Boycotts are effective non-violent protests. I am all for non-violent protests. I don't know if any of you remember the way-back-when years we boycotted grapes from Safeway to show support for Cesar Chavez and the farm workers in CA, or Coors beer because of the bad way they treated homosexuals, if I remember correctly.

Sit down strikes were also non-violent and very effective in changing college practices regarding equal rights, as I recall.

I have no problem with this at all. Non-violent, effective protesting. Glad it got some press.

I would never eat where the owner had donated to David Duke. I have that right. As they say, it's voting with your feet. My feet will simply walk my money elsewhere.
You list two things that you boycotted and can't, with certainty, remember why you boycotted the last one .

Enjoy jumping on bandwagons much ?

Old 01-02-2018, 06:32 PM

402 posts, read 538,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
I get even...don't vacation in Kali anymore.
Deal. Just because you can not afford it.

Old 01-08-2018, 04:08 AM

7,650 posts, read 4,599,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
T

And last, but by no means, least: white nationalism in a country dominated by whites is absurd. Well, it's worse than absurd, but I won't go into that. But it's a simple concept; the power structure is (and always has been. hence various historical injustices and handicaps) overwhelmingly white. Ergo--there's no need for white nationalism. White nationalism is so superfluous, that advocating it lays bare the agenda of those who support it. And it's not a pretty agenda. So yes, "when whites start practicing identity politics, then it becomes a problem". A big problem. My gawd.
Just a novel interjection. In Malaysia, they actually have like a reverse affirmative action for the Malay majority as the Indian and Chinese minorities are deemed to have become too powerful in the local markets that they have too much of an advantage.

Personally I wish we'd just stop even using race. It's just a meaningless label.

As for the restaurant. Giving to David Duke is stupid. Even if he's recanted and repented from his prior ways, that's just one of those things that means you don't get to run for office anymore. He can't be the only qualified Republican in LA. Beyond that, why is a small local restaurant in CA donating to any candidate in Louisiana? Let them decide who they want to be lead by. It's not our decision either way.

Semi-retired....or basically retired owners should sell their business to someone who takes an active interest in running a business. Get out of the way so to speak. Restaurants are busy places. Having a dead top means the rest will follow suit one way or another.

Old 01-08-2018, 04:44 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,537,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSR13 View Post
You should see the housing market.

Lol. Yeah but that’s understandable as everyone needs a roof over their heads. Not everyone needs to go to a restaurant.

Old 01-08-2018, 10:05 AM

5,888 posts, read 3,225,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
Communism is not based on hate. It is not the flip side of the KKK.

But, as a wise man once said to me, "You can't reason with unreasonable people."
Communism is indeed hateful and aggressive, and is based on theft and violence. A lot of people who are aware of the crimes against humanity committed by commies, agree that communists ought to be eradicated before they can hurt others. Because communism is aggressive and based on theft and violence, it WILL hurt others if ever put into practice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey_mcmarbles View Post
The people of Santa Cruz spoke and declined to give business to a neo-nazi racist. Good choice!
LOL. Snowflake nonsense. There is no evidence he is either any kind of a Nazi (absurd that people are still calling people Nazis which is a defunct political party from the 1930s - there are no nazis dude, its 2017), or a racist. Which is a term that gets thrown around a lot, but never used correctly online. At least, I have never seen it used accurately online. Its just used to demonize people with whom progs disagree.

I guess its better than hitting people over the head with bike locks...

Old 01-24-2018, 10:28 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
While I agree that the lunatic fringe fanatics on both side are having their 15 minutes of fame and should fade away. I can't support someone or a business that wants to feed the lunatic fringe. In this case I agree with the boycott. Fanatics are just that and too extreme for my taste.

Old 01-24-2018, 11:55 AM

2,026 posts, read 2,777,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
While I agree that the lunatic fringe fanatics on both side are having their 15 minutes of fame and should fade away. I can't support someone or a business that wants to feed the lunatic fringe. In this case I agree with the boycott. Fanatics are just that and too extreme for my taste.
The article says that the owner admits to have contributed to David Duke's campaign.
I'm not sure whether that report is true. Maybe he just simply voted for Trump and that these far-leftists think its "the same as if" he supported David Duke. Even if that is true, violent harassment is still a crime, and he is not on the criminal side of the issue.
By the way, how many marxists-leninists aka communists own businesses in santa cruz? They all have to be burned down, beten to pulp. I mean if they accuse David Duke with lets say advocating for violence, then ther support for communist movements who not just advocated for but actually carried out of a mass murder of more than 100 million people already trumps all that. The hypocrisy is intolerable.
Fine, destroy this guy, but only if all communists (probably there are hundreds of them) in Santa Cruz are ALSO burned to the ground. Some poople can find this restaurant owner intolerable, but commies (who typically protest this way) are even below David Duke, so when they claim moral high ground in order to cover up their past mass murders (the 100mil) that turns my stomach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
View detailed profiles of: