Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2020, 01:37 PM

1,521 posts, read 1,817,229 times

Advertisements

I read news there have been home robbery and car vandalism lately. Are there specific areas in WG that may be more dangerous than others? As people are out of work I'm sure crime is increasing.

Willow Glen Middle School area is where I am concerned.

Anyone from WG care to chime in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2020, 06:33 PM

2,406 posts, read 6,040,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgr555 View Post
I read news there have been home robbery and car vandalism lately. Are there specific areas in WG that may be more dangerous than others? As people are out of work I'm sure crime is increasing.

Willow Glen Middle School area is where I am concerned.

Anyone from WG care to chime in.

Crime can (and does) happen anywhere in the Bay Area, even "safe" areas. Criminals are usually more likely to go to nicer areas so they can steal nicer stuff. I'd still consider Willow Glen to be very safe and SJ is still pretty safe for a big city.

Old 07-21-2020, 05:56 AM

4,602 posts, read 6,364,058 times
Crime map of San Jose... customizable data search...by date, type, zip code, etc.

Map

Regards
Gemstone1

Old 08-29-2020, 01:41 PM

767 posts, read 1,743,720 times
Anyone can take a bus or ride a beat up old bicycle from the neighborhoods nearby to WGMS. Also, that school is populated largely by ghetto kids bussed in from dumpy parts of SJ.

The news sensationalizes anything they can, because thats how they generate advertising revenue. Esp the local stations who broadcast over the airwaves- for free to viewers.

All that said, the cops seem pretty good presence in that area- because a lot of them probably live there- and keep the area feeling safe.

QOL in that area will be good. Just be aware that both the ghetto and it’s inhabitants are close by, a
so they’ll be a transient presence in your area. That way you’ll not have a rude awakening, know what you’re getting into, and will most likely be satisfied with WG.

Old 09-04-2020, 12:25 AM

865 posts, read 1,827,929 times
San Jose is very patchy and there is a TON of petty crime like that. No where is immune.

Old 10-05-2020, 04:08 PM

148 posts, read 176,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstnghu2 View Post
Crime can (and does) happen anywhere in the Bay Area, even "safe" areas. Criminals are usually more likely to go to nicer areas so they can steal nicer stuff. I'd still consider Willow Glen to be very safe and SJ is still pretty safe for a big city.
San Jose had 2 killed 4 wounded at that crazy FUNERAL MEMORIAL shooting 3 weeks ago. Near SJSU, no suspects caught.

Also remember that lady who had her head cut with a sword by a guy who irrelevantly was friends with that Cupertino quarry shooter?

Also remember those two teens, or one was a teen at least, I think some Filipino kid, shot dead near an elementary school but not during school hours, years ago? Not talking about the one in Union City.

A guy who was an ex footballer wielding a knife and shot by cops.

Yes, I follow too much Bay Area crime news and San Jose is not THAT bad, but it isn’t really THAT safe. Statistics are not just that. San Jose’s crime, violent and when it does happen even if not as common, is pretty bad as I stated above.

Old 11-02-2020, 10:30 AM

478 posts, read 691,360 times
thugs, vagrants, homeless, etc are getting smarter and more aware. Why would they want to rob and steal from ghetto areas that offer nothing. Higher rewards going to nicer areas. Nicer areas also pose less of a threat because the residents there simply arent as tough as those who live in the hoods. So residents have to start being tougher on those who dont look like they belong or it will get worse

Old 11-03-2020, 07:48 PM

7,650 posts, read 4,599,879 times
I give tours to Mad Max fans.

Old 11-09-2020, 01:25 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,745,974 times
Come on! Was WG EVER dangerous?

Old 11-09-2020, 01:44 PM

4,602 posts, read 6,364,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
Come on! Was WG EVER dangerous?
It wasn't in the 50's/60's when I was a kid. The neighborhood kids used to walk from Malone Rd and Lincoln Ave area to the Garden Theater for the Saturday Matinee...how many parents would allow their kids to do that today ? Or how many kids would even want to do that today ? And before the advent of Valley Fair Shopping Center, for a 10 cent token we would ride the bus downtown on Saturday to window shop on 1st street. When Almaden Rd was a 2 lane country road, I remember riding my bike from Willow Glen to Club Almaden for a day at the pool....I imagine that would be considered dangerous today...if for nothing else, the traffic.

Regards
Gemstone1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
View detailed profiles of: