Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2022, 11:53 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times

Advertisements

My friends and I used to love Indian dinner buffets - our old favorites being Sneha in Sunnyvale, and Bombay Garden in Santa Clara. But those both shut down over the pandemic, it looks like permanently.

For the life of me, I can’t seem to find any others in the area! Tons of Indian restaurants here, obviously, and quite a few that do lunch buffets. But are there any left doing the dinner buffets? If so, please let me know. I don’t have the time and energy to call every Indian restaurant in Silicon Valley to ask, lol. And web searches have been useless.

Anywhere in the general area is fine; my friends are in the valley, and I’m up in the Santa Cruz Mtns. I’d even go as far as Milpitas or Fremont/Newark if need be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2022, 08:47 PM

7,702 posts, read 5,446,630 times
YELP has this: "Best indian buffet dinner in Fremont, California"

https://www.yelp.com/search?find_des...=Fremont%2C+CA

Old 08-16-2022, 08:59 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
YELP has this: "Best indian buffet dinner in Fremont, California"

https://www.yelp.com/search?find_des...=Fremont%2C+CA
Appreciate the reply (since you're the first lol), but as I mentioned, my web searches - which did include Yelp - have been unhelpful. Those "best of" lists on Yelp aren't curated, so mostly just based on a combination of keywords and overall ratings. I've found them to be inaccurate when you're looking for specific services, like in this case DINNER buffets.

Just to test my theory, I went to the website of one from that list. And sure enough, they don't have any buffets (let alone for dinner). Also, COVID has changed what many of these restaurants offer; so it's possible they did at one time have dinner buffets, but don't any longer.

I do appreciate the effort, though! Maybe someone else knows of one that for SURE has what I want? If not, I guess I'll have to start calling around. Just sooooo many to call, I was hoping for a quicker/easier solution here.

Old 08-18-2022, 05:59 AM

106 posts, read 235,535 times
I believe that Bombay Garden in Newark has a dinner buffet. You should call to confirm.

BTW Bombay Garden and Sakkoon are the same company, Sakkoon is just their upscale brand. So they converted that Bombay Garden in Santa Clara to a Sakkoon. I don't think Sakkoon has a dinner buffet.

Old 10-29-2023, 05:51 PM

1 posts, read 1,676 times
Hi Gizmo980,

We are on the same quest! However, in the post-Covid world, this luxury may not exist any more in our area.

Bombay Garden in Newark recently closed permanenty :-( We were there just a few weeks ago. We did find another place in Milpitas, but it was pre-pandemic, so I doubt they exist any more.

If anyone finds anything, please post here.

Gary

Old 10-29-2023, 06:30 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
My favorite Afghan restaurant in Fremont closed due to Covid, too. Though there are others now. But they don't have some of the same menu items. The post-Covid restaurant world to some extent requires starting from scratch to explore and see what's out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose