Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2023, 05:48 PM

24,474 posts, read 10,804,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
She is not moving to Florida and did not purchase a mansion there.

https://www.reuters.com/article/fact...-idUSL1N2SH0GM

Beth Bourque of Southern Shore Properties, the listing broker for 429 South Beach Rd., confirmed to Reuters that Pelosi was not the buyer of the property.
Was the actual buyer and his/her relationships disclosed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2023, 05:55 PM

33,313 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgforshort View Post
are certain issues in our country, like illegal immigration, narcotics, homelessness, and pit bull dogs, where one half of the population is 100% disagrees with the other half, and nothing on earth would change their mind. No point in arguing. If you ask, I agree with the bolded text posted by "Spot", but my opinion doesn't matter here, or anywhere else. I just practice my typing because it helps delaying Alzheimer's.

As for the rich not paying enough taxes, even 1/10th of their taxes is a hell of a lot more than the poor smucks like me pay, so stop the whining. Every job I got came from a rich man and I'm grateful for all, they helped me when I needed it.

lol.

One of the benefits of CD .

Old 11-29-2023, 12:43 PM

10,981 posts, read 6,852,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
Was the actual buyer and his/her relationships disclosed?
I didn't follow up on that, but if she did actually buy the place (which is possible) she bought it with a blind trust or corporation or some other entity. I find it difficult to believe that the Pelosis would leave San Francisco. They've been there for many decades. Florida? Maybe... I would think FL for the winter months. But winters in SF aren't bad, so *shrug*.

Old 12-29-2023, 02:23 AM

7,237 posts, read 3,776,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangeRover20 View Post
"The richest 1 percent of Americans evade as much as $163 billion in taxes every year." - Robert Reich, Berkeley professor, former Secretary of Labor.

Imagine how many people this country could help with even a fraction of that money, were these overly entitled, self-absorbed pinheads not so calloused, greedy, and indifferent. These homeless people deserve much more consideration. The fact that they're homeless in the first place is a poor reflection on this society. There should be an endless amount of resources to help them, whatever the cause of their predicament. At the very least, they should have a place to stay, food to eat, a safe place they can rest comfortably, and resources to help them out. They shouldn't have to form these encampments.

The Bay Area is no better than any other area in this regard. Quite disappointing.
Robert Reich is a malakas. He was a malakas when he worked for Clinton and he's a malakas today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose