Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2008, 08:37 AM

10 posts, read 34,889 times

Advertisements

Hello, I am reading ths forum for a while and got really a very good information and I am very much thankful for those who has contributed.
I am planning to move to SV next month. I got a job in Foster City and planning to live in either East bay (Fremont) or Sunnyvale/Mountain View Area. We are not planning to buy house and would like to rent an apartment. I visited these places but never lived there so I am not sure how these places are for a family of three. Secondly how is the traffic from Fremont to Foster City or From Sunnyvale/Mountain View to Foster City Morning and Evening. Google maps says aroung 30 mins each way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2008, 12:20 PM

7,688 posts, read 29,156,794 times
Best way would be to take the Dumbarton Bridge (84) from Fremont. That route is actually not that bad, I would believe Google Maps on that one. I don't know how deep into Fremont you'll have to go though. Coming north from Sunnyvale you'll be in slow traffic between Mountain View and Palo Alto on 101.

Old 12-19-2008, 07:40 AM

10 posts, read 34,889 times
sonarrat thank you for your reply. Google shows two routs one you suggested and another via 880 N and then take 92 (Hayward-San Mateo bridge) so does 880 N will be very slow in the morning time ? Also you mentioned that traffic between Mountain view/Sunnyvale and palo Alto will be slow. Does you mean really slow or it is managable ? Thank you

Old 12-19-2008, 08:05 AM

7,688 posts, read 29,156,794 times
880 is very unreliable. If you hit it at, say, 6 in the morning, you'll fly to Foster City at the speed limit as long as there's no accident (and there are a lot of accidents on 880). Coming back in the evening is another matter. Most people try to spend as little time on the Nasty Nimitz as they can.

That stretch of 101 in Mountain View and Palo Alto is stop and go during commute hours. It moves, and it's not horrendously long, but it's just annoying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose