Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
 [Register]
Santa Fe Santa Fe County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 06:37 AM

544 posts, read 1,485,375 times

Advertisements

I've had MS for 16 years and whenever I visit friends in LA or Denver, I discover how much better I feel if I use marijuana. Can't do it where I'm at now as it's completely illegal, but I'm in a lot of pain and the pain medications that my physical recommends have unpleasant side affects.

So I'm investigating moving/retiring somewhere, where medical marijuana is legal. From Google searches it looks like there is an incipient med.mj program in SF, but I'm not sure. Does anyone have information about that? I don't smoke (anything) due to wanting to avoid lung damage, but I would like to cook with it if it were safe and not illegal.

TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2010, 12:49 PM

293 posts, read 971,192 times
Here's some information.... CannabisCenters.com - Legal Medical Marijuana in New Mexico (http://www.cannacenters.com/nm/legal - broken link)

Old 09-05-2010, 08:51 PM

475 posts, read 1,267,278 times
Default Politics may enter here

I recently read that one of the gubernatorial candidates, Martinez, is opposed to a medical marijuana program. (If this is false, will someone please correct me.)

Martinez is currently the favorite to win. I suspect that she would have a Democratic legislature. Does this mean the program would survive even if she were elected?? I don't know.

I would hate for you to retire here and see the program abolished.

Old 09-06-2010, 08:39 AM

544 posts, read 1,485,375 times
Well, it's not the primary reason to retire there. And frankly, I'm not completely convinced that mj is harmless. I find that after the initial amusement (and total lack of pain) wears off, I don't want to do it any more; I feel too ditzy, and I'm ditzy to begin with.

Old 09-06-2010, 01:19 PM

I can't even smoke mj -- I get some sort of reaction and I'm sick for days.

But

1) I know as a fact that some people have god-awful reactions to prescription medications. I think about 20% percent of the people taking neuronton feel ditzy.

2) some people I know swear by it.

Old 09-07-2010, 05:04 PM
JBM

567 posts, read 1,098,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa Fe View Post
I recently read that one of the gubernatorial candidates, Martinez, is opposed to a medical marijuana program. (If this is false, will someone please correct me.)

Martinez is currently the favorite to win. I suspect that she would have a Democratic legislature. Does this mean the program would survive even if she were elected?? I don't know.

I would hate for you to retire here and see the program abolished.
Nope, you're right. Martinez wants to kill it. But even if she is a governor, it's highly unlikely to have any effect on the program. The majority of even the staunchest republicans in the Senate are for the program. So, the program will be safe.

Old 09-07-2010, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBM View Post
Nope, you're right. Martinez wants to kill it. But even if she is a governor, it's highly unlikely to have any effect on the program. The majority of even the staunchest republicans in the Senate are for the program. So, the program will be safe.
I suspect that you are right. However, a governor through appointment and budget powers might have a significant impact. For instance, governor through appointment of hostile administrators might increase the difficulty of obtaining permission to grow mj. Or might influence the number of medical conditions that are approved for mj. Just because mj is approved for medical use, does not mean any particular condition is approved or that sufficient quantities of legal mj will be be available.

Old 09-07-2010, 07:43 PM
JBM

567 posts, read 1,098,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa Fe View Post
I suspect that you are right. However, a governor through appointment and budget powers might have a significant impact. For instance, governor through appointment of hostile administrators might increase the difficulty of obtaining permission to grow mj. Or might influence the number of medical conditions that are approved for mj. Just because mj is approved for medical use, does not mean any particular condition is approved or that sufficient quantities of legal mj will be be available.
True, all the more reason to get out and vote! Ugh, we just need to legalize it altogether.. It'll happen with time I'm sure.

Old 01-06-2014, 10:23 AM

532 posts, read 1,068,622 times
Default Re: Medical marijuana in Santa Fe

I have a number of health issues (that qualify me for med mj); can anyone speak to the availability of this in SF. Also, do you think that rec. mj will be available any time soon? I'm 62 and about to retire.

Of course I googled this and there appears to be a number of resources for med mj, but one never knows unless you speak to someone, how that really goes. In other words, while a google search reveals doctors and shops and/or delivery sites, I've also heard that it's still not easy to qualify (I'm fairly certain I would, though, given my issues).

TIA

Old 01-06-2014, 02:43 PM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,277,004 times
http://www.health.state.nm.us/idb/me...%2011-9-09.pdf

It's all there. Very tough to get in the program in NM. Not very many qualifying conditions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe